When an "Innocent" Burnout goes Bad....Columbus GoodGuys Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When an "Innocent" Burnout goes Bad....Columbus GoodGuys Event

Happened Thursday night leaving the host hotel parking lot. Everyone was doing burnouts and this dude lost control and hit a tree. You never think it's going to happen to you BUT you just never know. Thankfully no one got hurt, just the tree and car. (I did not take the photos)

My photos from the weekend can be found here
    Saturday
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Sunday
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Re: When an "Innocent" Burnout goes Bad....Columbus GoodGuys Event

Ouch. At least nobody was hurt. That's the risk ya take, though...but I gotta ask, what kind of burnout was this person doing? Usually if it's a parking lot (from what I see it is..) then nothing more than a standstill with a little roll-off...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

thanks Denise, thats why GGs has a no burnout policy.

and Ps. It was GREAT to finally meet you. sorry I couldnt spend more time with you. will see you soon!
      Doug
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Nope, not a parking lot, public street coming out of the host hotel parking lot. The car was probably pushed away from the tree into one of the many office building parking lots that surround the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto

and Ps. It was GREAT to finally meet you. sorry I couldnt spend more time with you. will see you soon!
          Doug
          WONDERFUL finally meeting you AND your lovely wife as well. I did go check out your Olds after we talked.....v.ery nice. See you in a couple of weeks on the Salt.

Comment

Thanks you very much, and my Olds looks great in your picture. Quess I might even keep her now. (Both the wife and the Olds.)
            Doug
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Good lookin' Olds, Doug! And of course, what can you say about the hot Denise and her Olds? I almost said "A great pair", but some sleezebags on here might take that in some off-color way!

Denise - hope to see you at the end of the month (see "Events").

Later
              Dan

Comment

Dan, as the self appointed spokesperson for the sleazebags...we're all very offended you would say such a thing.

:D

The big old Oldsmobiles sure have some style. Neat stuff. As for the bone head who wrecked his 'glass deuce, I hope he wasn't hurt. The only crumple zone on that thing is his chest cavity when the steering column tries to enter it!

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That's why I don't do burnouts near a crowd. The incident in Selmer,Tn last year really got to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AllenK
                    That's why I don't do burnouts near a crowd. The incident in Selmer,Tn last year really got to me.
                    You'd think that would have gotten to everybody.

-Brad

Comment

Only thing I can think of when I read this is from George Carlin

"A birth certificate is proof of guilt"
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

don't drink and drive sonny
                        line lock works good for street rats too

Comment

I would loved to have got a pic of the olds's together. her dad has a awesome 56, so It would of been nice to get pics of all 3! It was great to meet her, after reading all about her travels on here and the hamb. She is just as cool as she seems. the pleasure was all mine.
                          Doug
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I guess I am just gonna say this and take the blast...but what kind of tool builds a car...trys to look cool doing a smokey...and can't handle it...I've done thousands of burnouts and never "lost" my car...my current ride will smoke em til I yield...if you can't handle your power by Priuos

Comment

Thanks for the great photo coverage of Columbus. I'm glad to see you still posting photos for the rest of us who can't travel as much.

This accident is too bad, but luckilly no one was hurt (egos don't count). I've done burnouts in stupid places and gotten away with it. I have also grown up a bit since then. Somebody once described an "accident" as running out of skill, luck, and real estate all at the same time. I guess this guy just had his unlucky day. I hope he, and plenty of others, learned something.

Comment

Working...
                              X