X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a kid out? (please read)

Got this from a guy off of Farley's...

Originally posted by Shawn60, zxora.org
    Aidan Lane is a 6 yo son of a coworker. He was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 2 and just recently became ill again. Caring Bridge is a site that has a mini-websites for him and I am asking for people to go there and sign his guest book. Everybody is welcome to sign it but Aidan is particularly fascinated with people from different countries so I am really begging for entries from all over. Dad has mentioned the furthest he's received replies from is Japan...he also mentioned Aidan loves motorcycles so be sure to mention you ride the greatest motorcycle on the planet. Here is the website, www.caringbridge.org, on the left side you will see a box that says "Visit a caringbridge website", just put "aidanlane" and it will take you to his site. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to sign the guest book.
    I have a hard enough time with the subject of cancer...I lost my dad to a fast-acting abdominal cancer in late '05, and until we get test results back, I'm sweating it myself. My father was 42 when he passed, and I remember how he took it all...I don't even want to picture a 6-y/o in that same situation.

Many thanks. -Remy
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Help a kid out? (please read)

Done!

Direct link to Aidan> http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do

Comment

Some things in life just aren't fair. I'll sign in here in a minute and add what I can. I hope Da Murf sees this and chimes in - she and Todd are real M/C people and he might enjoy their input.

Dan

Comment

Done, and to think that I had a bad day. Reality check.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

That kinda hit close to home...I have a cousin whose 5-year-old son has been through some really tough stuff(brain tumor, diagnosed at 3...surgery, radiation....he's recovering thankfully).

No 6-year-old should have to deal with this kind of stuff(my youngest boy is 6 as well), did my part and signed in as well.

Comment

Working...
          X