• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tardis454
    months long OC/D search
    LOL

cool
    Last edited by 68scott385; January 9, 2014, 09:37 PM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Awesomeness! I've had getting a C-series on the bucket list for quite some time. I think they are just so cool. Thanks for the pics, Tardis.
      -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
        Awesomeness! I've had getting a C-series on the bucket list for quite some time. I think they are just so cool. Thanks for the pics, Tardis.
        -dulcich
        You took your sweet time chiming in! those need saving... Which are you buying?

Comment

I stopped at this one..
          saw year round reality, dropped back end.

a look closer reveals new hampshire. A 2wd sustained until the steel changes of the late 70s. I drove a 2d heavy half ton chevy, positive raked..sill ran in the snow.

the dodge is like looking at 5 tons in a pickup, of course an illusion, but not all that far fetched (it is a good heavy one)

the only real nuisance is electric, no worse than my recent episode with a dual range subaru.
          one can update decades in minutes.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 10, 2014, 06:03 AM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cool pics'!
            Jim T
            Supercar Collectibles
            www.Supercar1.com

Comment

My main memory of these was triggered by the shot of the semi tractor. For much of my Michigan life you would see fleets of these running around Detroit and suburbs in MOPAR blue, delivering cars and parts between the Chrysler factories, test labs, etc. I think I remember that some were Diesel but some were gas-engined - 440's, I guess. Seemed normal at the time.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                -dulcich
                I figured you'd like this. I never realized how many different types of old C/D trucks there were. I like the blue shortbed the most. I don't think I've ever seen one of those in person..

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                You took your sweet time chiming in! those need saving... Which are you buying?
                Yea, time to get the check book and the wrecker ready!

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                I stopped at this one..
                saw year round reality, dropped back end.

a look closer reveals new hampshire. A 2wd sustained until the steel changes of the late 70s. I drove a 2d heavy half ton chevy, positive raked..sill ran in the snow.
                I like that they put a 12v Cummins diesel and a 5spd in it..
                Last edited by tardis454; January 10, 2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Holy smokes
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	70inhouston.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	875352

Mine
                    sigpic

Comment

some of them look like the designers forgot it was going to need headlights.. nose is a slab brick.. at least BigDad's nose looks good.. I know I know they are trucks and back then a truck was a truck.. but what happened, at least the 50's models didn't look like a brick with lights..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                        some of them look like the designers forgot it was going to need headlights.. nose is a slab brick.. at least BigDad's nose looks good.. I know I know they are trucks and back then a truck was a truck.. but what happened, at least the 50's models didn't look like a brick with lights..
                        The 1961 (red firetruck) looks especially plain up front with the one year only flat aluminum grill, but I think it is kind of neat looking. I like the D - series 62 - mid 65 grill and front end the best on the D trucks, and the earlier 4 headlamp fenders on the C - series.

Comment

Rare when new

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            Holy smokes

If this creates an erection that last for more than 4 hours, consult
                            a physician
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

My uncle had a pickup exactly like this except his was more of a turqoise/pistachio type green in color. He bought it from a neighborof his for about 300 bucks I believe in the early 80's. My uncle drove it for a few years,and then sold it back to the same neighbor. I looked on Google street view last night,and the truck is still there even though the neighbor passed away many years ago. It probably looks the same after 30 years. It had about the same amount of patina as this one also.

My great uncle had a Dodge like the one in Beagle's pic. We hauled much hay in that thing,and I will always remember the dash shifter!

Click image for larger version

Name:	00505_aclmJ858mfR_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	875358
                              Last edited by Karberator; January 10, 2014, 01:36 PM.
                              sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                              X