Cool 409 Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool 409 Find

I've been following thread this since the guy first posted his find back in 2011.
    Looks like he finally scored the car.

Interesting thread for sure.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589798

Last edited by Monk; January 9, 2014, 08:55 PM.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Wow, I read the whole thread. That guy is a patient man and it looks like his patience paid off.
    I like this photo the best, it shows just how rounded them old W motor heads really are..

Click image for larger version

Name:	chhs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	875351
    Last edited by tardis454; January 10, 2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I admire this guy.

The seller was getting in poor health and he didn't/wasn't trying to force a sale.
      If the car gave the seller hope he wasn't going to take that away.

But what a great score.......never know what's behind those old garage doors.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Wow. thats awesome.

Wish the couple guys around here would sell- one has a 68 GT500KR (yes its real) vert, sitting since 75. refuses to sell it at any cost.
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

15000 miles and torn down.

back then .. that was a means to leave it in the barn. .. to doubt castings forever (for real).

those stories as boy led me to finding 283 and 327 and 302.. and to hell with everyhting else.

hope it works out for him. Alot can be done to get that on today.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I am glowing GREEN right now with envy. Very nice find. I hope he puts it back original.
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
              I am glowing GREEN right now with envy. Very nice find. I hope he puts it back original.
              Agree.........looks like he could do a good cleaning on the paint.

Did you read the part about after effects of being around rat feces?
              Sounds like some nasty stuff.
              Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Agree.........looks like he could do a good cleaning on the paint.

Did you read the part about after effects of being around rat feces?
                Sounds like some nasty stuff.
                Yep..i would wear a mask all the time when i cleaned up that garage,,and heading rigth for the nearest pressure washer with all the parts.

But what a find!!!

Comment

Wow! Want!!!!!
                  Nick Smithberg
                  www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Working...
                  X