No announcement yet.

Gulp, moving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup - we're done - we may get a snowbird place when we retire - but otherwise they will haul my cold dead carcass out of this house.
    it's probably going to take that long to make it how we want it. LOL
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

SBG, Welcome back to post-college life! Many of my friends (and myself included) find ourselves moving halfway across the country for work.

Good luck to ya- Utah has some cool driving roads, Ill be there late=august on a trip.
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

at this point, the answer to Utah is no.... (seriously, we said "no")
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ah, false alarm. Ok.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Well I'm moving this summer, that's for sure, but the AF is playing with where now. Now I do have the option of letting them do all of it and trying to make money doing it myself. If I was single... I might consider a DIY move but with the family and amount of garage stuff I've accumulated, they're moving everything they are allowed to and I'll move the rest.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
              Ah, false alarm. Ok.
              It's no longer "if" but "when"
              it's why I blew the dust off the Fiat, I need it to run.

now, San Diego or San Francisco - but those are very long odds; I got a bit soured on SLC because their smog laws are insane. I really do think, given the evidence I have, that Washington has the most reasonable of laws.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

cali. that wife's better job better come with 3x the pay.. as the cost of living is insane..

Comment

I hope, for your sake, that it is San Diego.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                    I hope, for your sake, that it is San Diego.
                    I'd rather northern Cali.... yeah, expensive, but she can commute (to south-bay)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      I'd rather northern Cali.... yeah, expensive, but she can commute (to south-bay)
                      Bay area is very pricey. Farther east you go, the cheaper it gets. Pick a place somewhere near BART. Hopefully, she won't be under the bay when PG&E has another brown-out. Thanks to the dot coms, anywhere around San Jose is on the expensive side.

If she gets a job in SF. The commute, car or not, just plain sucks. It's on the northern tip of the peninsula and it's bridge, boat, or under the bay on BART. SF is more expensive than NYC to live in.

San Diego has fantastic weather year round, unless you live out by Miramar in the desert. Their economy sucks thanks to the mayor and city council bankrupting the city multiple times. I think the last mayor is in jail now. But, that means the housing prices have dropped. Balboa Park is spectacular. Tons of museums, camera, car, air and space, model train, and the other usual wine and cheese type. Beaches are great, but water is frigid. Let's not forget Comic Con. Downtown is turned into a giant geek fest for a week each year so you can dress up like Yoda and go have fun. World's worst major market airport.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        World's worst major market airport.
                        I have to agree with that. My Firm just had its kickoff meeting there last friday. Travel sucked for all the sales reps. Me, I was smart. I drove.

Comment

Working...
                        X