Fenton Shift Star Shifters 200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenton Shift Star Shifters 200?

While junk yard crawling yesterday, I came across a '59 Ford sedan that had been converting from auto to a three speed stick. It had a Shift Star shifter, which for the most part looked very much like a Hurst top and bottom. Any one ever heard of them?

Sadly, I didn't have my cell phone on me to take pics, but I found one on Ebay with a different style stick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqUOKjkE4sidQvVBBOW(1r!PC!~~_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	880888

Found this one in the original box. Wow, on the price. I may go get that one off that Ford.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Fenton made lots of different parts, from what I remember, back in the day......from mufflers
    to wheels & shifters.
    Pretty cool part........I'd go back and snag it.

I'd pay good money for a Foxcraft floor shifter........had one in my first car a '56 Ford.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Fenton is big with inline 6, they make split exhaust manifolds/headers/intakes, valve covers.. etc..

Comment

I always wondered how much of the Fenton and/or Foxcraft stuff was made by those companies or if they re-marketed stuff from others. I doubt much of it was from off-shore - that was rarely done in those days.

Dan

Comment

I saw that shifter on ebay, searching for something else. NOS speed stuff sells for big bucks...or at least it's offered for sale for big bucks, even if it doesn't sell.

I bet if you can get the shifter for $25 and less than an hour labor, complete, you could make a few bucks selling it on ebay
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            I saw that shifter on ebay, searching for something else. NOS speed stuff sells for big bucks...or at least it's offered for sale for big bucks, even if it doesn't sell.

I bet if you can get the shifter for $25 and less than an hour labor, complete, you could make a few bucks selling it on ebay
            It had everything, but the two linkage rods. I didn't really look for them.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Glad you posted this up.........found this Foxcraft on Ebay and think I'll spring for it.
              Just like mine back in '66.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom - in the pic it looks new in the box. WAY cool! We had a Western Auto in Milford (Norm Bickford - WHY do I remember that?) and they stocked a bunch of those kinds of things. I suspect Norm leaned more toward the "Auto" than the "Western". It was a Fantasy Land to my 13 year old eyes.

Not sure of the function of the A1 Steak Sauce. Lube?

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; January 13, 2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Thom - in the pic it looks new in the box. WAY cool! We had a Western Auto in Milford (Norm Bickford - WHY do I remember that?) and they stocked a bunch of those kinds of things. I suspect Norm leaned more toward the "Auto" than the "Western". It was a Fantasy Land to my 13 year old eyes.

Dan
                  Western Auto.........started my car cravings there.
                  Purchased many a bike part and some fancy mud flaps once.
                  Thom

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
                    We used to buy mostly .22 shells and other stuff in there Dan - going "in to town" was a big deal when we were younger. Then it was cruising out to the A & W as we got older.
                    Last edited by 70chevyC-10; January 13, 2014, 03:11 PM.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                    X