Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cat litter/oil dry/other do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cat litter/oil dry/other do you use?

Historically, I had always bought the cheapo tidy cat litter for my oil dry when pulling my engine/trans. It worked well back in the day and probably should have found a bag of it. Instead, I bought another brand, cheap, at $10 for a 40# bag. What a mess! I don't know if it was the amount of coolant I was trying to soak up, or the fact that it was small granule cat litter. What it made was a slippery oatmeal like mess of my garage. Temps hit about 40 today, so I had hoped to powerwash the floor, but my powerwasher didn't cooperate, so the standard hose and sprayer was used. I got maybe 75% cleaned up, but its still going to need powerwashed.

What does everybody else use? Cat litter? (Brand), oil dry, or saw dust? This is one disaster I hope to avoid ever having again, as in the dead of winter here in Michigan, it hard to get running water out to a detached garage.
    Motor City Muscle

NAPA oil dry in a bag.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

wheres Peewee? he's always talking about his cat? probably knows the best kitty litter?

Comment

Well one thing it might be, you didn't really use kitty litter. There are several things on the market that are cheaper but aren't kitty litter. You need to read the bag if it doesn't actually say kitty litter it's some inferior stuff. Had the same experience with similar results. Never cared for the saw dust for oil and coolent soak up. Some guys do. Of course oil dry is what I think is best (NAPA or others) but generally cost more. Any way real kitty litter is not as easy to find as you may think since the other stuff is cheaper and probably works just as well on cat s#it just doesn't work as well for oil pick up.

Comment

Granules is not the same as the kitty litter of old..
          I find wood stove pellets work good.. The pellets brealk down to sawdust and scrape off rather easily..

Comment

I just buy the cheapest non granulated stuff I can find. For coolant I usually use an old rag and just wipe it up , as that's faster generally.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

out of code flour, and or corn meal

Comment

I just buy the cat litter that is nearly 100% clay on the ingredients. Works great!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  I just buy the cat litter that is nearly 100% clay on the ingredients. Works great!
                  2x Cheapest cat litter is all you need, IMHO.

Comment

speedy dry is 5 bucks for a 40lb bag.. cheaper than litter

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                      speedy dry is 5 bucks for a 40lb bag.. cheaper than litter
                      Not where I shop.

Comment

when on sale Advanced autoparts, and now any car quest, as seen as advanced bought them

Comment

I get the cheap Advance stuff too. Good luck so far. I think it's just 100% clay but I can't swear to that.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X