No announcement yet.

The Next Step...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A company to remain nameless has just posted an opening for a Quality Assurance Technician within the last 24 hours...I've applied, lets see what happens.

Its in Deer Valley Az, near Phoenix, not where I want to be but...It'll do...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
      You can search by pay grade and location. For working jobs WG 8/10 or 11,QA WL 8/10/11 or GS 8/9/10/11 Supervision will be WS... We have a DEPOT open here now as well as Flight Line maint on T-1,T-6,T-38's, don t worry to much about never having worked any of the above I'm one of very few here who have USAF exsperience on T-38's,near nobody has any on T-1's and no GIs worked T-6's (well maybe 100 did at Moody).

Most of the 12MXI QA jobs are filled from within, we have direct hired WG 10's into the MSU's but if you come in as a WG8 you will be waving your arms at airplanes all day (crew chief). I have seen supervisors direct hire and we will have some holes in the next year or so.

Go ahead and put in for the March close outs,the start date will most likely be closer to June,you wont be the first person on terminal leave working for civil service.
      I see so damn many jobs but most are WG and require service comitment. I'll apply for anything at this point...This gig in Phx would be ideal
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yea those are ART jobs,you may be too old LOL.

It's been a LLLLOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time but I think you can build your resume' on USAJobs and submit it without a job announcement. Then when a job opens your in the system.
        Last edited by Cyclone03; January 16, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Cyclone - That's my memory too. But I haven't done a resume since 1982 when I was rehired back into EPA. No "USA Jobs" in those days! 'Puters are good for something.

Joe - You might want to see if any slots are open at the EPA lab in Ann Arbor, MI. They have in years past hired lots of vets with technical experience. I've been out of there for a decade so I'm not sure what they're doing these days. Worth a look, anyhow. I was a GS10 - sort of a weird grade in the EPA world. All in all a great gig.

Dan

Comment

Getting in Civil Service still needs a litte inside info but no where as much as when I got hired.
            If I see an announcement number come up I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
              Getting in Civil Service still needs a litte inside info but no where as much as when I got hired.
              If I see an announcement number come up I'll let you know.
              Sweet, thanks!

Comment

Hey Joe - I don't have any helpful advice or leads. I just want to wish you all the success in your future endeavors. Good luck!
                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                X