Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to ask... (Fordish question)

Ok,

I am a fan of Top Gear (shut up about that, its not important) and of course it's a British car show so they are in love with the Ford Mondeo, even gave it Car of the Year in 2007 (shared with the Outback). Knowing that the only version of that that makes it to the US is the Jaguar X-type.... but the "for the masses" version of the Mondeo as the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique are supposed to be horrible despite the amount of them I see still on the road.

How bad is an X-type? Did they fix it with the pumped up pricetag and equipment? Did the next generation of the platform fix the problems??? I really want to know, Min301, anyone?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: I have to ask... (Fordish question)

I'm not a fan.

I've seen a few here at the auction, they don't seel,
    and problems are many.
    Be careful if you want one, have it checked out.

Comment

The Mondeo was completely redone a few years ago, the current one is apparently much better than the generation we saw in North America as the Contour / Mystique / Jaguar X-Type. I'd recommend staying away ...

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

My mom has an X and loves it - her friend bought one, and loves it, neither have had any issues whatsoever.... but they don't have that many miles on them yet - just a few years old.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
        X