X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay seller stories

Funny ones, not aggravating ones.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Not funny but before Christmas i bought a carburetor core. I received notice that i should see around the 14th. I never saw it, couldn't trace it and allowed plenty of time due to the holidays and last week i started contacting the seller. My second notice stated i was about to contact paypal, my third notice went to paypal who open a case against the seller. A week after the case opened i still had no response and contacted paypal that it was unresolved and requested a refund. I received an email saying they were looking into it. later that same day I received another email from paypal stating they had found inmy favor and were depositing the purchase price and shipping back into my bank.
    No muss, no fuss, no additional paperwork, nothing. They just took care of it.
    I'd like to know if they can take the money from the sellers bank account or if it comes out of a fund that we all contribute to with our fees. I'd like to know they nailed the bastard.
    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

out of the seller's account

today I asked a seller if there was a Federal law mandating a cooling-off period for reed and reed cages... he sent me an email asking me if I was sure I wanted to buy it because it wasn't the same as the picture.... no effin schmidt? you mean it's not all gold plated? I said that as long as it was the model number requested, we'd be fine.... but stop talking to me and send it.... they'll send it "tomorrow"

who wants to bet that I won't see this before Monday, January 28th?

but to that end.... I had to call Summit about the 10 day shipping time on the alternator they sent out of Reno. They refunded me 50 bucks for the wait .... I felt that was very nice of them
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2014, 04:53 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Good to hear Summit treated you well - being adjacent to Ohio - I usually get stuff from them in 24 - 36 hours for regular shipping.

I've had mostly good luck with Ebay - some stuff I don't care how long it takes - and it takes a while sometimes. The LED bulbs out of china take 2 weeks or more... but I'm not waiting on them.

Probably the best Ebay story I have is buying an intake manifold, figuring out the seller was local, meeting him to pick it up - and over 10 years later we're still friends.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I only sold a few items, went well.

I still wonder where my version of a Subaru loyale spfi intake went. I found the errors, then wrecked the car.

buying stuff, I get alot of little gadgets from overseas, takes a long time.

I just got some heat shrink butt connectors in a pile for seeming pennies.

13 years now, ebay and my account.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
          X