Red's Better Than the Computer Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red's Better Than the Computer Car

I'm a big advocate of the online racing programs. Steering wheel, brake, gas, shifter, your brain doesn't know the difference. Or does it?

Road Atlanta. The computer helped me know the track before I got there.

And one of the racing gurus in the High Performance Driving Education (HPDE) world said he found something on the computer at a track in California, on the computer. Said it helped him run a faster time.

Okay, I heard that, so now I'm on the computer racing. Never mind I got into yet another cussing contest with the 10 year old kid in North Carolina last night.

The car on the computer, the Mustang....Red is better than that in real life. Red ran consistent 2:20's in the rain, and the computer suggests that 1:39 is a fast time on that track. Pitiful slow.

So Red and I were sluggish at best. But that computer car...Red is faster, brakes better, sticks better...all of those things. On the computer I've hit tires against the wall, hit the concrete wall, I've hit everything but the ambulance with that car.

Since there's nothing at stake I'm hauling ass into turn 5, hollering at the computer- "TURN TURN TURN" and that car just won't.

Red will. He did. Just sayin.'
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Git out there and TAKE THAT AMBULANCE OUT!!!!! It's your duty!

(I mean on the 'puter).

Dan

Comment

Working...
    X