Walk on up to your ford dealer parts counter and order a new 32 5 window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk on up to your ford dealer parts counter and order a new 32 5 window

Good morning Gearheads! The fine folks from Dearborn have announced that the hotrod icon is officially returning. The new '32 Ford 5-Window Coupe shells will now be available through the Blue Oval's Component Sales arm. According to Ford, t...hese '32 Coupe reproductions are exclusively licensed to United Pacific Industries, which rolled out a 5-Window replica at SEMA 2013. Each shell is stamped from virgin metal, then welded and assembled using modern manufacturing techniques. This, along with supplementary rustproofing, keeps the new Deuces from warping and wearing as the decades roll past. Ford doesn't have its own prices for the '32 5-Window body up yet, but you can expect to pay around $20,000 for a steel United Pacific Industries shell.

from Stacey David's GEARS face book page

I guess the price shows the difference between economies of scale and assembly mass production verses hand crafting steel bodies one at a time.

At least that's why I think a steel body is expensive.

Comment

What a rip off, that body shouldn't be more than $5000.
      The Green Machine.
      http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

I personally hate all these reproduction bodies coming out.

To me, it's like cheating. Instead of investing the time, effort, thought and skill to recreate or modify an iconic piece of automotive culture....you can now run down to the dealer, open your wallet (if you are so financially blessed), and completely eliminate one of the fundamental components of any project.

Sure...you may have one of the most attractive, solid and sound '32s rolling around....but you also have no history. No story behind the car except how many hours you spent balancing your checkbook and burying your head in catalogs.

Not for me....that's for sure, but I also don't fall into that tax bracket.

Aren't there more '69 Camaros on the road now then there were in 1969? Stupid.

Comment

Oh brother ....repop deuce ford bodies have been around for over forty years

Comment

20k American?....No thanks!
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

If I had 20K I'd be buying it. The one mostest top car I ever wanted. I love them fendered fenderless any other way.

Comment

Nothing's cheap anymore...........not much into the re pop bodies but
                I'd take this over the fiberglass stuff.

It's all about supply and demand............sooner or later the supply will outstrip
                the demand and prices will plummet.

Ask my buddy who just sold his '41 Willys....Outlaw body.
                Just because you got $85,000 invested doesn't mean it'll bring that much.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I see no problem with troops. For 20 large I'd expect a roller.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    Nothing's cheap anymore...........not much into the re pop bodies but
                    I'd take this over the fiberglass stuff.

It's all about supply and demand............sooner or later the supply will outstrip
                    the demand and prices will plummet.

Ask my buddy who just sold his '41 Willys....Outlaw body.
                    Just because you got $85,000 invested doesn't mean it'll bring that much.
                    That's right about the supply and demand part, they only built them for one year and during the depression no less. There are not as many steel ones around to cut up anymore.
                    My father had a steel one 10 years ago, rusty , had been dumped on it's side so needed some serious metalwork to straighten, generally pretty beat up. Guy gave him 10k for the body and frame and never even blinked cause he knew there were 2-3 guys right behind him willing to pay the same.
                    If you really want a steel car 20k is not unrealistic and I have seen one of those bodies and they look real nice.
                    Last edited by starterguy; January 20, 2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I used to work at one of the local Ford dealers, wonder if I can buy one at cost?

Comment

A few years ago there were at least half a dozen steel 32 fords (original old body cars) in town. And I live in a small town. Real deuces are not rare.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                          I see no problem with troops. For 20 large I'd expect a roller.
                          As would I...

Many buyers would want "their" rear.. Front ends..pretty much hasta gotta be a straight axle..

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            A few years ago there were at least half a dozen steel 32 fords (original old body cars) in town. And I live in a small town. Real deuces are not rare.
                            Growing up in the rust belt then coming out here and seeing the contrast really is a sight to see. There's cars out here I've never even seen before, and they're driving them.
                            Last edited by Casper; January 20, 2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

So how much would you spend in labor just to bring back an original to perfection.....$20k might be a deal in time saved and labor cost.
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                              X