The Latest Trends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Trends

Going through email...Sammie beside I-55 in Mississippi sent a collection of photos of the latest things. A foldup bike that's engineered to fit in a backpack.

Intuitive interface stuff. All the latest stuff.

This one photo... No. Completely not. This is revolting. No. Maybe so, but NO. No, not. This is offensive. No. Never. What is this world coming to?

No way, but here it comes with or without us.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar Charge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	880906
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Real men can cut the umbilical.
    OH YEAH
    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
      So, the huggers think that system is so green.....what to do with the batteries in three or four years? Landfill? What's worse? What about the high voltage risk to rescue workers after a crash? Maybe I need educating. I'm sure I do.

Comment

Batteries are a dead end.
        Hybrids are the future.

As for that giant solar cell.... wait until a good hail storm and it's toast.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I always wonder what a traffic jam made up of electric cars will SMELL like.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I'm being set up again ain't I....

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              HahaHhahahaha!!!!!! Yep, sure as hell. HAHAahahahah!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                Negatory Ghostrider, real men bite it in two.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Around here, we have extra gas cans, load them up and go up in the woods and play..
                  Can't ever see that happening with 'lekrik rigs.. Usually in the forrest canopy, on cloudy rainy days..
                  Maaaaybe gotta carry a gas powered generator to charge up for the trip home..

Comment

I don't see any fire extinguishers in that picture.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hey,

Why is it so easy to imagine some ditzy chick chucking her groceries in the back of one of those......then trying to drive off with the extension lead still attached......

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                        Batteries are a dead end.
                        Hybrids are the future.

I am learning it is the word "power rectify". It is everywhere, how to gather, let it heat a synch, and use it.

"battery" is just a wonder that caught on.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Just saw a review of an electric ski boat / wakeboard boat.

interesting - you don't have to "buy fuel" but you have to have a huge charging station near your dock to plug the boat into... anyone want to touch the liability of a big charging station near water? What's that going to cost.

Then imagine having to be towed in because you ran out of charge..... in your new $50k + ski boat?

I just don't get it. Until batteries the size of a current semi truck battery that weigh 100lb or less can power a vehicle for 400 miles and charge in less than an hour - I just don't see the benefit compared to liquid fuels.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            So, the huggers think that system is so green.....what to do with the batteries in three or four years? Landfill? What's worse? What about the high voltage risk to rescue workers after a crash? Maybe I need educating. I'm sure I do.
                            They will put them in the same former salt mines in New Mexico where they keep the used plutonium rods from the super clean energy nuclear power plants. Out of their sight, they don't exist.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I know the gap in tech is huge, but every time I think of "alternative" vehicles I think of fork lifts. LP gas or electric, forklifts stink. Remember the first Catalytic Converter cars in the late 70s? THEY stunk too. I like the idea of Bio Diesel and renewable fuels. But I live near a refinery. It uses fossil fuels for which mother nature has done most of the hard work, but it still stinks. Can you imagine the stench from a bio fuel plant having to rot everything from scratch? I've seen the future of transportation and it is BOUND to smell really, really bad.
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X