• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this thread out......vinyl wrapped '56 Chevy

Got this over from the Tri 5 Forum

Interesting to say the least

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Wrapped for all the right reasons and then some. I like it.

Comment

Will the rust accelerate?
      Wonder how that'll work in OR?
      Did he prime it before wrapping?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Will the rust accelerate?
        Wonder how that'll work in OR?
        Did he prime it before wrapping?
        Check the thread out......not sure.
        Sure turned out slick.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
          Check the thread out......not sure.
          Sure turned out slick.
          Sure did turn out slick!

Comment

thats pretty cool. what a difference.

Comment

that 3M vinyl leaves a shine that is comparable to a factory paint job, untrained eye will think its paint even up close, night time it might reflect light differently giving off a orange tint or glow
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

First pic is the 'After'-version?

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I dont get it..he had an perfect looking old car wiyh the right wheels and stance,and destroyed it with vinyl..

Comment

Hey,

That's not a vinyl wrapped Chevy.....THIS....is a vinyl wrapped Chevy!!!

Imagine getting dusted by THIS at Drag Week!!

Mike

Comment

Wow. Looks good in photo's anyway, and fairly cheap. Must have some talent to do it though. Cool.
                      Jim T
                      Supercar Collectibles
                      www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Sorry did I miss the total cost of wrapping the car?

Wraps are not cheap to do but I guess they might be cheaper than the cost of body and paint work.

Looks cool and maybe this will catch on and others will give it a try.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                          Sorry did I miss the total cost of wrapping the car?

Wraps are not cheap to do but I guess they might be cheaper than the cost of body and paint work.

Looks cool and maybe this will catch on and others will give it a try.

Jimbo
                          Lost this thread from server change. I'll try to repost all photos of install
                          Like to start off by saying this isn't for everyone or every car. We are just not ready for a correct resto on our daily driver. this application has a total cost of $475 for materials and took 18-20 hours to install. The car had sat for 18 years before we bought it three weeks ago. We washed the car with CLR and a scotch brite pad (light duty) and then dry, and apply Vinyl, This 3M vehicle graphic material is warranted for 5 years. The nice thing about this is we are driving it while getting color changed(no bodyshop down time) and this is removable without repercussions. and we can have our patina or perfect paint back with a peeling. this would be a great opportunity for a tri five owner with a single color car to two-tone their ride with minimal cost and down time(weekend project) without disaster
                          Day of purchase w/original 265

Some wheels and a CLR bath

And the wrapping starts,Color closest to Nassau blue

Now for some white
                          [IMG]http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo210/smokinb35/Lucys%20%
                          2056%20%20Wagon/IMG_20130821_202514_423_zps9c1173c5.jpg[/IMG]

Still have the window posts to complete

Comment

So $475 plus 20 hours of labor - great if you know how to do the wrap yourself, otherwise how much per hour to have it installed?

At least another $500 - $600 in labor at $20 - $30 per hour and that's probably cheaper than most places would do it for?
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Wrapping the hood on my hated, storebought, field filler in the early morning hours before the DW '12 tech inspection was one of the most tedious and least pleasant tasks I've performed on an automobile . . . and they made it look so EASY at SEMA and in all the YouTube videos . . . .

But it is cheaper than paint. And something you can do at home with minimal tools (if you've got the patience of Job) . . . .

With all due respect to DW's Eric Yost (who builds some great stuff), I still don't understand the whole faux-tina wrap fad. (But then I can't fathom the fascination with other forms of intentional decay, either (i.e. the asinine "Trash the dress" phenomenon, revival of '90s "Grunge" fashion, the whole "vampire" fad . . . .).)

Comment

Working...
                              X