The other kind of racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other kind of racing

I enjoy auto racing but today it was the sport of kings. It is always nice to go play the ponies. Hit one good exacta that payed for my day including food for the family, beverage, gambling, and still came home with $6 more than I went with. All in all a good day.

Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Re: The other kind of racing

You came home from the track with money. That probably almost ruined a good day. Noone wants to leave the track with money.

You should have stopped and gotten rid of it.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird
      I enjoy auto racing but today it was the sport of kings. It is always nice to go play the ponies. Hit one good exacta that payed for my day including food for the family, beverage, gambling, and still came home with $6 more than I went with. All in all a good day.

Ellis Park? Down by the river?

It's a wonder it wasn't washed away with the flooding....drive past there every time I go see the 101st ABN(something about helos, tanks and cargo/troop planes not working worth a damn without fuel...LOL).

Looks to be a nice place, a pain to get into with the construction traffic.....that and the folks out front on strike.

Glad you and yours had fun with the hay-burners....never had enough guts to place bets(more like the knowledge that I'll never see that money again is more like it).

Comment

Tiresmoke it is a nice place
        You have missed out on one of the finer things in life.......they have polish sausage and you put this coleslaw/relish/cabage stuff on it with a ton of mustard and an adult beverage...yum, yum
        Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

You should've given the Horse a cut :D ;D! ~OO6.

Comment

My wife has 4 horses, and it's a sure bet they'll consume several hundred dollars every month.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
            X