Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dragway 42 the spot for a BangShifter get together this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dragway 42 the spot for a BangShifter get together this summer?

Hey everyone, sorry for being a ghost lately. Been living on the road and jamming pretty hard.

Anyway, if you read the front page you know that we have been closely following the rebirth of Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio. The place is really looking like it has a bright future and it really makes me smile when an old track gets a new lease on life.

I don't want to get into doing anything formal, but I know that if I talk to the management at Dragway 42 and we settle on a date we could have a fun day at the track running our junk. Maybe it would be on a test and tune day or whatever. I'd really like to keep it informal and fun and basically have a social gathering where we could bag on each other's bad reaction times and missed shifts.

There's no "perfect spot" to do this because everyone is so spread out, but what do you think about this?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Best damn idea you have had in along time! . Count me in! I know MANY people in that area that could help fill the lanes if needed.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Considering I live 30 minutes from there, I am all for it!
      Last edited by Al Von; January 22, 2014, 12:36 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

I dig it.
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Gotta start somewhere...
          Sounds cool, but bit of a drive for me..

Comment

Yup ... great idea for a get together. Unfortunately, to long of a haul for me ....
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I like it...dates will be the determining factor.
              A 6 hour or so tow for me, not bad.
              Time Wasters...
              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I'm interested but I'll have to see how dates interface with the ECTA meets, Bonneville, and Grandkid visits. I'll be watching this thread!

Dan

Comment

10 hrs for me, but I'd do it. Like Dan I'd have to make sure it doesn't conflict with other stuff I have going on, but I'd like to do this.

Comment

Hmm, 28 hours for me, and I'm out of vacation time, but I do want to know what the Skylark can run...... Maybe
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Eastbound and down! Close as it gets for me, sounds good.

Randall, you'll just have to haul some "produce" on the way to make it worthwhile......
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Put me down for a solid "maybe" I got to know the dates...and I need to know them early so I can request the time off...I would love to be in on this...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Live Feed time -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Great idea .. a road too far for me
                            sigpic

Comment

650 miles for me, but it also depends on the date.
                              OH YEAH
                              Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X