A tale of two Fords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of two Fords

So I ran across two Ford trucks in my travels today....roughly the same era. A 1971 (the first one) no idea what motor, but it's a three on the tree, so probably a straight 6, and a 1976 model 360/C6 auto (the second).

The first is frought with violations (incliding the ultimate in my book....excessive use of non factory wood). The second had me drooling....judge for yourself.

(sorry for the reflection here...no one was around to open the window)

Here's the one I am in love with. Although the 9500 price tag is WAY too stiff. It needs to go down 2 inches in the front and 3 in the back but man is it clean!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: A tale of two Fords

The second one is the one for you! That is a really nice looking truck.

Comment

Wow thats clean....

Comment

That second one looks genuine & 'well worth it's asking price'(give or take a G or two..). Of course,those A.R.E. Wheels aren't 'factory' & should be removed & hurled into the nearst Dumpster :P. ~OO6.

Comment

the 1st truck has a 1970 grill, needs to be dewooded asap! lack of rust is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by purplecobra
            the 1st truck has a 1970 grill, needs to be dewooded asap! lack of rust is amazing!
            Anybody got a light?

Comment

Wow, nice truck, I'm drooling over the '76 also, but not for that price. There's a '77 Supercab Ranger 2wd for sale here locally that is just as nice as that one, 41K original miles, never seen the salt or the rain, not even a scratch in the bed floor, 400/C6. The guy is asking $5000 for it, I'm surprised it is still there.

I paid $4500 for my truck 2 yrs ago. It is a '79 F250 Ranger 2wd, 42K original miles, original paint, only rust is minor surface rust that started around the trailer towing mirror mounts. 460/C6, air, cruise, tilt, camper special package, and a 5th wheel hitch that I got $100 for after I removed it from the truck.
              Still plays with trucks....

Comment

That first truck is an abomination....Somebody with way to many woodworking tools and not nearly enough wrenches :o A wood bed is cool....But that looks like the 70's water bed from hell...Yikes

The second truck is awesome...I even like the wheels....At least they resemble a factory Ford wheel from the 60's....Very Nice....BUT WAAAYYYY TO MUCH....Hell you could get 2 Chevelles and 4 engines for that kind of money ;)

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Ditch the wood on the first one and throw some cool wheels on it. The second one is gorgeous! I honestly think Ridgecrest Ca. is ground zero for old rust free american pickup trucks, there everywhere and they're dirt cheap! Which is turning out to be not so good, I need to sell my Power Wagon but nobody wants it. The local wrecking yard says they'll give me $100 for it! >
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

hmmmm, that sure is a lot of wood..wonder how much it weights

The white one is sweet,

Comment

I can't believe that they did that to the 71 truck. One lousy cup holder. What were they thinking?
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The wood bed on the first one reminds me of the inside of a sauna! All you need is some hot rocks and water in there and you're set. ;D I like the seat in the second one. Reminds me of Grandma's couch.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I generally prefer the look of Chevy trucks of that vintage, but that 76 is WAY clean and that goes a long way in my book. It looks great with the white and green and those wheels. Steep tag though.
                          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Wow - safe to say the burgundy one is owned by a trim carpenter!

This is why I wish I had an extra month off every couple years - to go out west and find vehicles like this to bring back here, restore and sell --- holy cow those things are CLEAN
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                              Hell you could get 2 Chevelles and 4 engines for that kind of money ;)

Seth
                              there IS a reason they practically GIVE that stuff away, ya know... ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X