Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "tigers revenge" GTO @ new England dragway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "tigers revenge" GTO @ new England dragway.

My friends parents bought this car brand new and raced it around new England for years and it was a regular at New England dragway. He would love to have it back so if anybody knows anything about the car or has any info or old pictures of it could you please post it up?

Thanks allot.

Edit: I forgot the picture.
    Last edited by 85gtkid; January 26, 2014, 07:44 PM.

Seems like Brian would be our best source, assuming he's home for a day or two.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Seems like Brian would be our best source, assuming he's home for a day or two.

Dan
      I figured Brian might remember the car or maybe knows someone who does.

Comment

Cool piece!!!

Do you know what years it was raced?
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

They bought it new and started racing it right away. I think he raced it up to 71 or 72. They lived in Kingston Mass.

Comment

Might be pre Lohnes era

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              Might be pre Lohnes era
              Yea I kind of thought that but you never know. I have hours and hours of Brian announcing at NED back when I raced in the 80s and 90s. Im going to put them on a disc and put them on you tube. He used to have some good one liners.

Comment

Originally posted by 85gtkid View Post
                My friends parents bought this car brand new and raced it around new England for years
                Gee, a time when people actually bought, lettered-up, and raced new cars . . . and weren't instant pariahs among their fellow racers . . . .

Who'd have thunk it?

Bitchin car, BTW

Comment

Might be pre Lohnes era
                  I think anything before Jimmy Carter is "pre-Lohnes" . . . .

(Spidey and Speedy are way saggy oldsters . . . .)

Comment

49 aint that old

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                      I

(Spidey and Speedy are way saggy oldsters . . . .)
                      Just lads! Wait 'till they get to my age (I know I'm not quite the oldest guy on here but I'm near the top of that list).

Dan

Comment

49 aint that old
                        Old enough to be Snooki's baby Lorenzo's grandpappy . . . .

AARP junk mail less than one year away . . .

Keep telling the young, nubile "cookies" that crossing the half-century threshold ain't old . . . .
                        Last edited by 38P; January 27, 2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I have rock t-shirts older than Bruab (of course they haven't fit in decades . . . but that's another story)

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Just lads! Wait 'till they get to my age (I know I'm not quite the oldest guy on here but I'm near the top of that list).

Dan
                            So, Dan, age aside....do you have all the snow and ice preparedness gear you brought Down South from your previous life in the Frozen Wasteland?

From what I'm seeing, the Guessers are guessing you're about to see weather in that area that hasn't been experienced in 25 years.

Dadblame irritating global warming. People will be sliding around and wrecking on the straightaways and stuff, bashing into each other and the milk truck, too.

Keep us updated.

EDIT: Dang, I posted on the wrong thread. Never mind. My mind's not where it should be today, and I can't decide if I should post about "that" or not. Probably not.
                            Last edited by pdub; January 27, 2014, 04:12 PM.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by 85gtkid View Post
                              My friends parents bought this car brand new and raced it around new England for years and it was a regular at New England dragway. He would love to have it back so if anybody knows anything about the car or has any info or old pictures of it could you please post it up?

Thanks allot.

Edit: I forgot the picture.

I have unleashed the photo on the New England Dragway history group on FB. We'll see what they can come up with. I would remember a Pontiac with a Cobra Jet hood scoop. --- That photo struck me as later than the early 1970s, but not sure.
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X