Kinda OT: Best chapped hand remedy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda OT: Best chapped hand remedy?

This is somewhat of an off-topic question,but I know I'm not the only one on here who has to work out in the weather.

In the winter my hands chap and crack like crazy,and even wearing gloves doesn't always help. I get them back to being somewhat healed and soothed on the weekend,but then it starts again on Monday. I had bandaids and neosporin on 4 fingers yesterday to try to help keep from busting the cracks on my hands open. People don't like you bleeding on them.

I used Gold Bond healing with aloe last year,and it was pretty good stuff. My wife bought some hand lotion with hemp(!) in it this year from The Body Shop. It came in a green case with a "leaf" design stamped in it. I'm glad they shipped that in a cardboard box! It works pretty good. Last week my hands got so bad that my wife bought some Cornhusker's because her Dad swore by it.

The Gold Bond healed the best,but the Cornhuskers soothed the best initially. Anybody know of anything else that works pretty good??
    sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

You listed our old reliable..........CornHuskers lotion. Best thing we've found.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I use Gold Bond with the green label. It kicks butt - or wherever else you put it. The main thing is to KEEP USING IT, which I'm not very good about. The darn stuff doesn't do much for your hands if it's in the bottle. ME orders it from Drugstore.com and it's much cheaper.

I haven't tried Gold Bond diabetic but it might be pretty good, too. We have lots of trouble with dry, itchy skin.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; January 31, 2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I found that putting a good amount on hands and then gloves when going to bed helps the most. I work inside, with cardboard and freezer all night.. utter cream works well. none work great if you don't use them.. I found that if I change creams every 3 days. it works the best.. gold bond, then utter, then cornhuskers, vasoline inten care, then start over.. using the same thing every day doesn't seem to work as well as changing it up every 3rd day... no idea why.. but it works.. my hands crack only when I get lazy on wearing the gloves at night.. adult play time, they stay off..

Comment

Lubriderm Advanced Therapy (for extra-dry skin).
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Dry them better ...that was what I found years ago

Comment

My Oma bought me Kamill Creme a while back from the German store.
                I use it religiously. It provides instant relief for dry skin.

I've tried many types of skin cremes, and nothing works as good as Kamill.

Comment

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    high zinc formula or ?

Comment

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream has worked really well.

Comment

You chumps and suckers pimpin' all that packaged junk. Nothin' better than raw lanolin; by far the best.
                        -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                          You chumps and suckers pimpin' all that packaged junk. Nothin' better than raw lanolin; by far the best.
                          -dulcich

WTB
                          Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; January 31, 2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                            WTB
                            I usually pick mine up from this Maori shearer dude in the Wairarapa. One tin goes a long way.
                            -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                              -dulcich
                              Firstly..Find a sheep, rub ypur hands in the wool!
                              Secondly...If you can't do that, BAG BALM.. Many tattoo shops use that afterwards.. I used to have a milk cow.. That is the best stuff! Probably have to go to a feed store for it.. Maybe some superstores might have it.. I got a tin that s 20 years old. Tin is a greenish coloe.
                              Thirdly.. NEUTROGENA NORWEGIAN FORMULA.. I like the unscented stuff.. Don't smell effiminate .. Just a dab heals dry skin.
                              Can be used handling paper.. My inlaws use a small dab before playing cards!
                              With the Bag Balm, it has a waxy smell, not unpleasant.. But not great
                              Thirdly..

Comment

Working...
                              X