Cars in Barns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cars in Barns

Here is my find, 1972 Ford GTS, all there close ratio top loader 4 speed, 351c 4v cobrajet setup minus the factory ram air option.

Had been there 17 years before I got it, in a barn no bigger than the car itself.
    Mice had gone though the entire exhaust and made nests in the 4 barrel cleveland heads.
    Air cleaner was full of walnuts, and the intake had then stacked up like a mountain.
    Gave $600 for it from the second owner, who bought it from his neighbor who bought it new {which that guy still lived there also, and happened to have a pinto wagon sitting in the front yard}

Took 6 hours to drag it out and hand winch it on the rental trailer.
    No ignition keys, but thankfully the wheels were straight. Tires aired up amazingly enough, and I pulled it through the gate that was 3" wider than the car on each side.
    I was so excited, in leaving I managed to rip the trailer tounge jack off the trailer {unhooked my truck, used to drag the Torino out of the barn}, and then hit something leaving, and sliced a trailer tire.
    I drove 30 miles to the next town on a flat, crashed at a hotel, and got home the next day, rental place chewed my ass but I offered to pay for a new tire and called it even.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I'm not really a Ford guy, but even this one bothers me. Saw this today...has been sitting all winter long in what has been a record snow fall for us, over 60". She's jus now thawing out.

Comment

Been a few updates lately. Also changed the format so that each blog is its own page. Tell me what you guys think.

Peace

Ryan
        Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
        www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

No pics but hopefully i will have some soon. My dad has been on a kick about his old Falcon lately. I think he wants to get another Father/Son project thing going and get my kids involved as well. Anyway he used to own a 64 Ford Flacon Sprint and a buddy of his loved it so he bought one in 65. MY dad convinced him to buy a convertible version and he had it until i think the mid 80's. He then sold it to someone and that smae person still has it and has done nothign with it since he bought except let it sit in a garage. My dad got a hold of him the other day and apparently he has been thinking about selling so hopefully we will be checking it out in the next couple weeks and see what kind fo fine it is. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by BACK IN BLACK Z
            We are gonna move up to a video setup. Here is a pic of a Challenger A good friend of mine bought from a guy in my town. It had a 440/six 4 spd with the grip. nice black int. Not a factory 440 car, but the motor/tranny were correct from an old Charger. He payed $4,500 for it as it is in these pics.

After trailering it from Louisiana to Iowa, he rebuilt the carbs and installed the tranny and got it running like a top. Then he had the paint and body done at a friend's shop. At this point he had about $16,000 into it. He sold it to a friend of his for $20,000 I think the car was more of an upper 20-lower 30k car. It looked perfect. Here are a few pics of it about 95% complete.

that challanger make me want to cry...... :'(

Comment

I liked the original wheels it had better.... seriously... sick huh?

K

Comment

Remember when slotted mags were all you could get ??

Comment

Just scored a 70 malibu with 350c.i air cruise 12 bolt disc brakes only 77k miles. CA car thats been in barn for the last 19 years that I know of in Il. Rust free 8).I need to learn how to post pics

Comment

i had a challanger and i sold it like a dummy, it had some rust to the frame but the rest the body was good, it was my rust bucket.... >

Comment

If you guys need any help loading pictures or such, let me know.

Also what do you think if I start a website with adventures other people had with cars in barns?

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Devil
                        If you guys need any help loading pictures or such, let me know.

Also what do you think if I start a website with adventures other people had with cars in barns?

Ryan
                        that would be cool. if you do, let us know here.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I can think of a half-dozen "barn/yard" cars within a 2 block radius of my home.

I will try to get some pics and forward them to you.

Comment

We will have to see. I'm moving this weekend. So it will have to be afterwards where I begin thinking about expanding.

Comment

The guy I bought my Mustang from said it was a barn find in Louisiana. The barn was damaged by a smallish hurricane and the old lady wanted the car gone before the barn was torn down.

There's rumor of a Super Bee in a local barn and the owner is trying to part with it. The rumor originates from one guy that won't tell us where it is because he's not 100% sure he wants to buy it yet and he doesn't want us to snake it away. I just want to see the car, and place a secondary bid if guy 1 doesn't want the car. I'm not evil enough to snake it but I will snap it up if the seller is tired of guy 1's procrastinating...that is if it really exists.

Comment

is in my back yard
                                I call it giving back to the earth..........lol

Comment

Working...
                                X