X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I killed myself when I was young

guess it won't embed ?

https://<iframe src="//player.vimeo....lt;/iframe>
    Last edited by BigDad; February 1, 2014, 10:35 AM.
    sigpic

Please notice how they carefully fastened their 5 point harnesses at the beginning of the vid.

We didn't know no better back then.

Dan

Comment

I first heard that tune in that video. Great song.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Please notice how they carefully fastened their 5 point harnesses at the beginning of the vid.

We didn't know no better back then.

Dan
        They felt it was safer to be ejected from the race car in an accident.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Big Dad, I try to enjoy everything as long as I am here (on earth).

But I can't really enjoy that video. Not this week anyhow. Probably never. But that's just me, and I'm just sayin.'

Carry on.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Big Dad, I try to enjoy everything as long as I am here (on earth).

But I can't really enjoy that video. Not this week anyhow. Probably never. But that's just me, and I'm just sayin.'

Carry on.
            You really need to see a psychiatrist. I think your losing it.
            The Green Machine.
            http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
              You really need to see a psychiatrist. I think your losing it.
              I'm sure you're right TC.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

What's amazing is that it took literally decades for racers and sanctioning bodies to figure out common sense, low-tech safety stuff like roll cages, seat harnesses, and on-board fire suppression . . . .

I suppose in the war-hardened days of early motorsports . . . back when a racer might have as many as ten or more siblings . . . and early death from war, poverty, disease, or disaster were ever-present risks, making race cars less lethal wasn't all that obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  I'm sure you're right TC.
                  And I don't get it buddy, it's really weird to me, I'll turn 45 this year, and it seems the older I get, the more F'd up the people around me are becoming. I have like 5 people I know that are seeing shrinks right now, these are all people that were strong willed/minded people with good heads on their shoulders, but it seems as time goes on things happen and they become weak minded and all of a sudden have all these mental problems that they feel they need "help" with. It's actually quite saddening. I really just don't know what causes it, I have a problem I deal with it, talk with my wife about it, but I don't let it tear up my life and affect everyone around me. Hell life is to short for that type of BS. Anyway I hope you find some inner piece with the demons that seemed to have clouded your judgement and made you second guess what you were doing. You know in the olden days, you just walked yourself down to the local pub and had a few drinks with the bartender and worked these sort of things out. Maybe you should try it and burst out of the bubble you call home.
                  The Green Machine.

Comment

And I don't get it buddy, it's really weird to me, I'll turn 45 this year, and it seems the older I get, the more F'd up the people around me are becoming. I have like 5 people I know that are seeing shrinks right now, these are all people that were strong willed/minded people with good heads on their shoulders, but it seems as time goes on things happen and they become weak minded and all of a sudden have all these mental problems that they feel they need "help" with.
                    For one thing, the consequences and effects of bad choices tend to accumulate as one ages. Secondly, it takes some people a long time to finally realize they need help . . . . I can't go any further without violating Forum rules.

You know in the olden days, you just walked yourself down to the local pub and had a few drinks with the bartender and worked these sort of things out.
                    With all due respect, if that's the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions. Moreover, some dram shop joker hustling intoxicants is a pitiful substitute for proper counsel.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                      F
                      With all due respect, if that's the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions. Moreover, some dram shop joker hustling intoxicants is a pitiful substitute for proper counsel.
                      It's not about the counsel, it's about talking with someone you don't know, about just getting stuff off your chest to someone that isn't going to give a shit, it's about releasing the problems and getting them out in the open. And it's only for you to decide if anything they say will help your situations. Sometime an honest objective view from a total stranger can bring light to a dark situation. Plus you don't have to pay $150 hr, so someone can pretend to be your friend.
                      The Green Machine.

Comment

It's not about the counsel, it's about talking with someone you don't know, about just getting stuff off your chest to someone . . .
                        Well, as someone wise wrote millennia ago:

Open confession is good for the soul . . . .
                        There are plenty of places where one can talk extensively about one's problems with someone . . . for free . . . And they're trained professionals who actually care about more than just selling the next drug "hit."

The answers are never at the bottom of a bottle . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                          The answers are never at the bottom of a bottle . . . .
                          I'm not saying that, hell I don't even drink, but that's not saying tying one on every now and again is a bad thing. Or you can just have couple of cokes and a chat.
                          The Green Machine.

Comment

Working...
                          X