Anyone working on anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone working on anything?

Or is it just too freaking cold? The cold takes my motivation away- I would rather it be hot.

That said, I have made a new set of headers during January. I need to get the accessories set up on my engine in the next few weeks- I just have to make a mount for the power steering pump. But it is back to cold again.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

I have a set of heads on the bench I'm still jacking with in my "clean room" where normal people would put a pool table for winter fun... but I've also been in the kitchen today. Yeast, Apple Cider, Sugar. Wonder what that will get ya?
    Last edited by Beagle; February 3, 2014, 06:42 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

We call my section of the shop ..IRONBOUND ...the heat hasnt worked in 2 years

Comment

I have been chasing an electrical drain on my wifes 05 trailblazer with little to no luck. It got too cold out. Finished painting the wheels up on the rust bucket. And getting my spare intake cleaned up. Not bad for a day off.
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

Check for a sticking power seat switch

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            Check for a sticking power seat switch
            ROGER THAT! btdt.

still working on a buzz.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I pulled all the fuses under hood one by one and they didn't cure the problem. I started in the backseat and got to the radio 15A fuse and it went from 3.00A to about .9A I also forgot about stuff going into sleep mode so I have to start over. Going to take it to dads heated shop on Saturday to continue.
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                Or is it just too freaking cold? The cold takes my motivation away- I would rather it be hot.

That said, I have made a new set of headers during January. I need to get the accessories set up on my engine in the next few weeks- I just have to make a mount for the power steering pump. But it is back to cold again.
                Me too! I just can't get motivated if it's too cold. I need a rainy Friday or two to get some stuff done,but just a little warmer.

I have an engine miss to chase,and I need to fix my broken turn signal cam among other things.
                sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

I'm in my shop now. Just taking a break from playing with torches and the plasma cutter lol. The Pontiac gets lighter every day
                  Last edited by VTJUNK; February 3, 2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Fiddled with my shifter some more today. Changed the whole concept of how to mount it, so I'm kind of starting over again on part of it.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Headers
                      Heater core

Propane has gone up 40%.....so it costs more to fill my bottle....although I
                      can get it up to 60 degrees in the garage.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

cold has its benefits..
                        the other end of a hot spectrum.

I just mapped out a coolant bypass and heat riser combo. Good for all year.

it is actually electrons.. weird stuff to learn.

I'd like to see that stuff in modern hot rod mags. they want revival.. that will bring it. Make an ox/horse for everyhting.

this seasional stuff has no excuses where I live. Yet infamous engineering scrapped anyway...
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Just working on the frame for the canopy for my lift, should be finished up tomorrow and hopefully be able to pick up the metal decking for the roof by this weekend.
                          The Green Machine.
                          http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

been working on house and collecting parts as funds allow.. need to take, headers/sporttrac side steps/air cleaner housings, and a few other things down to general sandblasting in w.bridgewater.. or at least get a quote.. as a blasting cab is 189. it might be better to buy that.. or make one out of one of my 55 gallon plastic drums.. snowed today, and 6-10 tues into wen's then another 10+ on sat.. so not much doing on the truck

Comment

Spent most of Sunday getting my tiny garage organized, it's about as good as it's going to get. At least I can get the driver's door open all the way. I always forget how much work the Montego needs, but one thing at a time.
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X