Does Anyone Have 16" GM Rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Have 16" GM Rims?

I'm looking for taller rear tires for the S10 (gear ratio change) and 15" tires, especially speed rated, are getting hard to find. I'm wondering if any of y'all have some 16" 5 on 4 3/4 GM rims that you would like to sell? I understand that they lived under later model Camaros and maybe some newer S-10s. 7" width is plenty but 8" is OK, too.

ECTA/SCTA is OK with stock steel rims as long as we weld the spiders into them - easy to do with my newish 175 amp MIG.

Even better if one of you guys in our area have a couple.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; February 10, 2014, 01:38 PM.

I've got 6, but they're all in use......mid-80s 3/4 ton trucks at your local salvage yard.......good luck.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

3/4 ton is 8 lug (and rarely 6 lug) - dan needs 5 lug

you're correct, Dan, IROC and Z28 (sometimes) had 16" wheels. Do you want aluminum or steel (I'd presume because you're going to weld on them, steel, but my ESP is on the fritz)
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 10, 2014, 03:40 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        3/4 ton is 8 lug (and rarely 6 lug) - dan needs 5 lug

you're correct, Dan, IROC and Z28 (sometimes) had 16" wheels. Do you want aluminum or steel (I'd presume because you're going to weld on them, steel, but my ESP is on the fritz)
        Yeah, I just got to thinking about my post.....he did ask for 5- lug. You're right, the truck wheels won't work. My mistake, sorry.
        Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 10, 2014, 04:12 PM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

FWIW, i had 16" iroc rims on an s-10 once and they rubbed the frame with the wheel turned all the way. iroc wheels are 8" width. they also have different backspacing front to rear. its not much difference,...maybe 1/4"? backspacing is about 4.5".
          4th gen camaro wheels are also 16", but the backspacing is even more,...like 5.5-6.5".

Comment

F body had front and rear offsets .....no rotate tires

Comment

zq8 s10's had 16's, 225-55x16 IIRC... not all that common to see though. I'll keep an eye out for ya Dan.

Find Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! Cragar Soft 8 wheels offer classic style on-road and attitude off-road. The familiar eight-hole design features strong steel construction coated with a durable glossy black finish for lasting good looks. Soft 8 black wheels can make any rig or off-road ride look rugged and match that with performance. Not sure what wheels to buy? You can't go wrong with Cragar Soft 8 wheels--a perfect combination of performance, style, and value!

pricey but free shipping?

I can't think of anything steel with a small Chevy 5 lug pattern in 16" with an offset that will work for you .... if you wanna change patterns to a 5x5, a full size truck rim may be your next best bet. Dodge had 16's in steel in a 5x5 I know.
              Last edited by Beagle; February 10, 2014, 05:21 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Stop in Mooresville and get a set of Speedway Goodyears from a NASCAR shop, but might be to wide for the 15's you have.

Comment

would these work?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Silver-Vo...p2033768.m1253
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by redneckjoe69 View Post
                    FWIW, i had 16" iroc rims on an s-10 once and they rubbed the frame with the wheel turned all the way. iroc wheels are 8" width. they also have different backspacing front to rear. its not much difference,...maybe 1/4"? backspacing is about 4.5".
                    4th gen camaro wheels are also 16", but the backspacing is even more,...like 5.5-6.5".
                    would you believe I just saw that today?

a white s10, camaro wheels hanging out.. just right.

looks good. Hope you find some.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

s-10 z09(iirc) wheels are 16" alum.. and are basicly 91-92 Camaro front wheels.. I' can look around the 4 yards near me. but shipping would kill it.. I'd hit your local yard.. should not ne hard to find2) 3rd gen f bodyFRONT wheels..
                      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; February 10, 2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

truck is filthy, but these are pretty easy to spot and are stock 16's...

Last edited by Beagle; February 11, 2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

pace was selling sets of 4 for 300 bones

Comment

Thanks guys!

I'll get out to PnP in a couple of days and see what I see. I'm really after steelies so I can weld the spiders in solidly as required by ECTA/SCTA. Easy enough to do. I just want a pair for the rear as I want taller tars (that's "tires" here in the Southland) so I can adjust final drive ratios. My ECSTAs are tiny little things - maybe 23" tall or so. There is a Z-rated ESCTA at 29 1/2 ish in a 16" so that's how I'd like to go.

I hunted on line and there seemed to be a steel Camaro wheel with many holes (maybe 20 or so) around the inner spider. They looked like 7" which is plenty for the Kumhos in question. I know you guys have lots of stuff laying around so I figured you might have such a thing.

Back to PnP!

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; February 11, 2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                              pace was selling sets of 4 for 300 bones
                              decent price. Do you know if they have just the center caps? I'm missing one.

That steel stuff is heavy... is that part of the plan?
                              Last edited by Beagle; February 11, 2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X