Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical retracting door

My dad sent me this link.... thoughts?
    You can be one of the first with the Disappearing Car Door on your car?Go to our web site www.disappearing- car-door.com

I'm just trying to picture the room for both doors, exhaust and driveshaft to be under there. Maybe it's an idea for front wheel drive cars only... still seem like a lot of room needed between the interior and exterior floorpans though, let alone the width needed. Might alleviatte dings in these smaller then ever parking spots today, but what about ice buildup for us non climate controlled folks?
    Probably not a first, but still a cool concept.
    Todd

Re: Vertical retracting door

Coolest door concept I've seen since the Gull wings.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

that was proposed for the mkVIII, which is RWD. but was shot down do to price, I believe Lear (sea maker) was responable for the prototypes. A ford engineer told us about it a new model training, but never made it into production. Doug
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

In the late 60's I went to Fisher Body training on the GM station wagon tailgates that disappeared into the body in the same way. I immediately pictured a sporty car custom with a pair of the wagon gates as doors. No money - never built it. As always, a man ahead of my time. Should have patented it - then Ford could have not paid me a fortune to have not used it (huh?). Maybe I needed that cool Brit accent?

Still, a neat idea.

Dan

Comment

seems like the sliding minivan doors would be the logical choice

Comment

Working...
          X