Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had an awesome day!!! Auto repair with pics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had an awesome day!!! Auto repair with pics....

Did you ever have one of those days where everything you tried to fix actualy got fixed and fixed well.....

I will have to post pictures a little later but...heres the run down

1. borrowed welder, el-cheepo Chicago Electric flux core from a friend
    2. Welded on hood hinge brackets that got riped off when the hood came up on me
    3. Beat the ever loving hell out of the old hinges to get them back into shape
    4. Installed Hood, made a few minor adjustments, added a few shims to the fenders here and there
    AND poof, the hood is good enough for now...just need to install torque rods

I decide to start messing with some rust repair....I can pay someone to screw it up or I can screw it up myself....but in the end I did it

So I cut out a section of bad rust on the lower 1/4 and found a nasty nasty supprise...the structure was rotted pretty bad...so luckily when I got the other 1/4 panel part of that structure came with it...i cut, trimmed, ground, chisled and hammed to get the new piece to fit (good enough) I then welded it into place...the welder isnt very good....when I finish the rest of the 1/4 patch I will go use the Lincoln Welder at the auto hobby shop, its much nicer and its gas shielded so there will be less clean up....but man let me tell you what abig boost in confidence this gave me...cant wait till next weekend to tackle some more...I would have one more today but I ran out of wire

I decided to plug some holes today too....welded them, ground them, filled them with bondo and blocked them out....They came out OK too.....

Days like this rule!!!!!

Re: I had an awesome day!!! Auto repair success

Cool. Go have a Corona on me.

Comment

Good for You!!
      Same Here...Here's pictures of my Camaro Interior Project I took today..almost finished..

RickSSR 8)

Comment

wow, you just made me feel bad about myself again...dude that interior looks great

Comment

Congrats Joe! I got my '62 Suburban back on the road today too, after about 4 months of rare rear end hell.

Great feeling, isn't it? Take DF's suggestion and bend your elbow.

-Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
            Cool. Go have a Corona on me.
            TY DF, dont mind if I do...but My corona is going to be vodka and OJ.....

Comment

I've been having my ass handed to me by this silly Buell Blast I got for Tonya... it's a single cylinder 500cc Harley basically... but man... it's been wickedly frustrating... and I finally have it Fairly close to right... thing runs fair to slightly better then "Okay"... basically it will work for the current level of ability it has to have...

It's got a new Piston, rings, Cylinder, Valve job, Carb, Ignition, and Muffler... but other then that it's just like I bought it... LOL

today rocked... So... Hey Joe... Lets Hoist one to this maylay...

Keith

Comment

you have a buell single ? I didn't think they actually made them

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                  used to be a bar at El Con mall called Tequila Sunrise

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Days like that are the reason we keep wrenching.....Great to hear you got so much accomplished...

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Last night I robbed the front rotors of the formula and put them on the GTA . Everything went great! Except........I found out why GM put those black plastic fake lug nuts on the real ones when I heard something that had a Craftsman ring to it hit the pavement after my 4mile around the (country ) block .It's so that when your socket gets stuck on the nut and you don't notice that it's not on the end of the breaker bar/ extension combo that when you go to screw them on , you'll notice it! Went to the lake today in said car with wifey, kept hearing something rattling. Stopped at the brother-in-laws house 10 miles from my house and borrowed his floor jack and socket set . I took the wheel of and the caliper didn't look right....one of the two bolts wasn't there and the other wasn't screwed in. Ran two miles back to NAPA and got one. Man the car has no shakes,vibrations,pulsations humming road noises after chasing down things for four yrs. Learned I shouldn't work on cars in a hurry late into the night. At least the trans still worked though . ( man that was mean and just out of the blue ! )

Comment

It's a great feeling when you get a lot acomplished in a day or two. I finally got the interior put back together on my "Beater" Montego. I'm going to drive it to work all next week even though it's 105 degrees up here! Hopefully driving it again after so long will get me motivated to start working on the "Project" Montego again. ;D
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Way to go, Joe!!
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                            Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                            used to be a bar at El Con mall called Tequila Sunrise

Bet thats been a while...never heard of it......

Comment

Good job, Joe. See, I told you that body work isn't really so tough. It's just a matter of hanging in there. Remember to move the tacks around so you don't warp the panel and everything will be fine. And HAVE FUN!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X