Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Gordon may retire!!!!

We could only hope. JMHO.

no theat there, he'd have to win a champ.. and as long as jimmie winning fills rick,jimmie AND gordons pockets, he'll not win, nor will JR or CANE..

Comment

Does anybody really care......
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

We could only hope.
        Haters gonna hate.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          Haters gonna hate.
          The obligatory Jeff Gordon video..

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            Does anybody really care......
            I pay attention to that stuff, as afan of rallying, the famous in my age group is dead.

I like the thought of seeing an old racer, healthy.

40 in racing is like living in maine for 30 years... getting damn old.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
              The obligatory Jeff Gordon video..

That's pretty good, I wasn't gonna go there, but that's good.

Gordon's dad bought him into the sport. The little feller can sure drive (he's about my size). He's a case of opportunity. An opportunity you didn't make yourself. Trace it back....he has immense talent, as lot of us do with lots of things. But Daddy bought him into the sport to start with.

Sure did. Rich dad equals rich kid, no matter how old the kid is. Gordon's an in-your-face reminder of what we all might could accomplish if we only had the chance. That's why I don't like him. So I don't like a guy I've never met. That's wrong, but there it is.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                That's pretty good, I wasn't gonna go there, but that's good.

Gordon's dad bought him into the sport. The little feller can sure drive (he's about my size). He's a case of opportunity. An opportunity you didn't make yourself. Trace it back....he has immense talent, as lot of us do with lots of things. But Daddy bought him into the sport to start with.

Sure did. Rich dad equals rich kid, no matter how old the kid is. Gordon's an in-your-face reminder of what we all might could accomplish if we only had the chance. That's why I don't like him. So I don't like a guy I've never met. That's wrong, but there it is.
                He's dad had faith in him.. that's the important part to remember... Bad brads parents did the same.. had faith in the kid and put everything on the line to give him a chance... it's not about being rich.. it's about a parents faith of their kids. ability and drive, and that's awesome..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                  He's dad had faith in him.. that's the important part to remember... Bad brads parents did the same.. had faith in the kid and put everything on the line to give him a chance... it's not about being rich.. it's about a parents faith of their kids. ability and drive, and that's awesome..
                  Yes, it's awesome (Jeff's favorite word), but in peace and root belief I can't go there with ya NERF.

How many families are so rich, they can relocate from California to Illinois (or wherever it was), just so the kid can race? That's not realistic, not for 99.99 percent of us.

Jeff would be bagging groceries like the rest of us if not for his rich dad. Just sayin.' Not arguing, just sayin.' Say it ain't so.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Further proof $$$ does it all in NASCAR?
                    Pole winner..Austin Dillion...from wiki. Bad closed captioning made me look it up..
                    Austin Dillon (born April 27, 1990)[1] is an American stock car racing driver. He is the son of former driver and RCR general manager Mike Dillon and grandson of Richard Childress. He currently drives the No.3 Dow Chemical Company/General Mills Chevrolet SS for Richard Childress Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
                    After winning Rookie of the Year in the Truck Series in 2010, Dillon won the Truck Series championship in 2011, and later the Nationwide Series Championship in 2013, also one year after his ROTY title in 2012. Dillon is also the co-chair of the Reagan Foundation's National Youth Leadership Committee. Dillon's younger brother Ty Dillon races for Richard Childress in the Nationwide Series.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Yes, it's awesome (Jeff's favorite word), but in peace and root belief I can't go there with ya NERF.

How many families are so rich, they can relocate from California to Illinois (or wherever it was), just so the kid can race? That's not realistic, not for 99.99 percent of us.

Jeff would be bagging groceries like the rest of us if not for his rich dad. Just sayin.' Not arguing, just sayin.' Say it ain't so.
                      some parents will do whatever it takes for their kids.. must remember, back then.. you could get another job.. most times no problem.. if you moved..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Further proof $$$ does it all in NASCAR?
                        Pole winner..Austin Dillion...from wiki. Bad closed captioning made me look it up..
                        Austin Dillon (born April 27, 1990)[1] is an American stock car racing driver. He is the son of former driver and RCR general manager Mike Dillon and grandson of Richard Childress. He currently drives the No.3 Dow Chemical Company/General Mills Chevrolet SS for Richard Childress Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
                        After winning Rookie of the Year in the Truck Series in 2010, Dillon won the Truck Series championship in 2011, and later the Nationwide Series Championship in 2013, also one year after his ROTY title in 2012. Dillon is also the co-chair of the Reagan Foundation's National Youth Leadership Committee. Dillon's younger brother Ty Dillon races for Richard Childress in the Nationwide Series.
                        if Dillon didn't have the skill. he's not have moved from the trucks.. RCR isn't gonna run the company into the ground for family.. RC knew enough years ago to get out of the seat.. or he'd fail.. Doubt that's changed..
                        You can wax on about the $$$ being a part of it. and in 1990 is was. today not so much.. ever vehicle out there in cup. has good (equal)equipment as there is only a handful of teams.. (RCR/HENDRICK/PENSKI/ROUSH/gibb/mwr) just about every other team is a sub team of those.. furn row racing(rcr) petty(roush),stew/haus(hendrick) , nation wide isn't much different.. or the trucks . the days of building your own car and engine are over.. the last one try'n was Robby Gordon Racing..

Comment

Working...
                        X