X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ratpatrol66
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    I just removed the front wheel cover (fender?) on one side, it wasn't bad, just half a dozen or so screws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	1279162
    I like the LeMans emblem! Is this made of plywood?

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I expect so, but it might take a while. I have a few things on order....

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    You'll get it!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    The handling is ok. The engine is not working right, it has a horrendous flat spot whenever you touch the throttle. I need to check some more things...I've had the carb apart twice, and it's getting a little better, but still likes to die. I need to see if I can get a timing light in there (it's really difficult to see the front of the engine from the top), and also do some adjusting on the carb. And put some fresh gas in it.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    By "it still doesn't drive very well". Do you mean how the engine runs or basically how it drives? .. Kind of curious about how it handles..

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Ouch. Very ouch. I went through that several times last year with several TB's of customer test data on them. Two of them were infant mortalities. Not happy times. No rush from me!! I checked your web page, nothing yet, so I asked. Now I kinda know why they weren't. Hang in there.
    Last edited by Beagle; September 3, 2020, 01:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I might add more pics to my web page, if I get around to it.

I just had the hard drive fail on my computer today, so things are a bit shaky right now.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    yeah, but this forum is a real bitch to post pictures on...never know what's gonna happen to them.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Nice! I've wondered about the "feature" blue bath mats... lol. Do you have higher resolution pictures?

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    progress, slow but sure. I got some of the cooling system stuff cleaned up, lots of wiring cleaned up.. Still has transmission problems, but I found out why it didn't get reverse (shift cable adjustment) and didn't shift into high (broke governor gear). Still gets warm, with the one working electric fan running...I guess I'll install a better one? or two? I also got some brake parts, the shoes are in bad shape. I replace the rear tires with good used, one of the old ones from the 1990s had a big bulge in the tread. I also took out most of the blue bath mats from the interior, and the funky seat covers... found some cherry original 70 Camaro buckets under there, and some old red carpet that's not too bad, really, aside from being red, and 40 years old. I also cleaned up the carb and got the choke kind of working, it still doesn't drive very well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wedge interior.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	1279731
    Last edited by squirrel; September 3, 2020, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    27 and all the related numbers are where I set the parking block, so when I drive a car into the shop, it will just clear the garage door.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    out of that whole picture (other than pretty much zero rust on a 43 year old) , I saw the 27... and can't help but ask what you were measuring?

/edit - can't help but think this too... about 90 she's gonna want to turn into an aeroplane.
    Last edited by Beagle; August 28, 2020, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I just removed the front wheel cover (fender?) on one side, it wasn't bad, just half a dozen or so screws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	1279162

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    For some reason I feel like changing a tire on that would not be fun. I look forward to hearing what you do with it!

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    The headlights count for ugly, so they fit the theme of the car very well. No bumpers...there is some steel behind the sheet metal, around the edges, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X