Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Camaro specs are out, and she's a pig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Camaro specs are out, and she's a pig.

Well, we all knew it would be. SS w/ auto=3913#'s. SSw/manual=3860#'s.

Link to the site with options etc...

Explore the 2024 Chevrolet Camaro Sports Car, which combines aerodynamic performance with classic style and will attract attention wherever you go.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Re: 2010 Camaro specs are out, and she's a pig.

Safety and luxury cost not just in dollars and cents. But will make any car heavier... It is still lighter then the Challenger, but heavier then the Mustang...

Comment

That's not any heavier than my 55...which has seating for 5, a huge trunk, a heavy all iron big block, etc. And not much in the way of hi tech toys, or good gas mileage!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

For a very limited time only.....they'll thrown in a FREE Saw-Zaw with every '10 Camaro SS sold ;D :o :D! ~OO6.

Comment

they didn't listen to anyone
          marketing department is aiming for second car for 50+ old guy corvette customers , not the street racers
          no wonder why young uns like imports

Comment

That is as good an explanation as I've heard....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well.......shit.

Sounds to me like the brass at GM is hell-bent on killing the car again....dumb SOB's(OK, that's not nice, but damn it to hell.... >).

A simple enough idea...bring back a car that people the world over loved dearly(myself included), in variations that are enjoyable and affordable to the average consumer(kinda like the originals were).

Strip half the BS out of it, and hell....it might actually be competitive, sales-wise.

I really don't want to piss on this parade, not this one.....damn it, I want this car to survive!

I wish there was someone to communicate the frustration to in Detroit...why the hell won't they just simply listen to us?!

Build us the Camaro we want, and we'll buy the damned things......how hard is that to understand?!!!

*grits teeth and curses out of sheer frustration*

Comment

Remember the poll in HRM... That didn't sound anything like what this and most "enthusiests" want but if a poll in HRM doesn't turn out give me wind up windows and rubber mats with the big engine its not going to in any real world polls either and GM is just going to build what the market seems to be wanting and that is a very well equiped car that people can associate a classic name and market segment with but not get wrapped up in what it started out as, people build it into, or even what was sold in relatively limited numbers.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Don't worry people. The Camaro is now just a 'Niche' Car..they'll make 'em for a couple of years,THEN they'll stop production again. Remember,this is NOT your Father's(or Grandfather's...)Camaro > :P. ~OO6.

Comment

I know...and you're right, the HRM poll reflected this(poor choice, but that's only my opinion)...it's just that this has turned into what everyone was afraid it would....an over-contented, over-weight, over-priced B-J floorholder.

Just frustration, that all it is on my part...I'm not a pauper by any means(damn sure ain't rich, either), but hell*throws up hands in disgust*

Comment

I can't believe there isn't going to be a Z28? And the only way to get a V8 is with the SS option. And the RS option is a joke, some different taillights, a spoiler, bigger wheels. But then there is talk about the LS9 ending up in the car so, I think I'm right to hang back a couple of years before I by one.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....don't even get me going on the no-Z28 model out of the gate.......I feel my head just smouldering right about now.....

I'm thinking a nightcap is in order to calm me down....anyone else want one while I'm up?

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I'm tellin' ya... :

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z
                          Well, we all knew it would be. SS w/ auto=3913#'s. SSw/manual=3860#'s.

Link to the site with options etc...

Explore the 2024 Chevrolet Camaro Sports Car, which combines aerodynamic performance with classic style and will attract attention wherever you go.
                          Actually the Shelby GT500 weighs more than that at 3920#'s.

Comment

They are all too heavy, and control of content is all but gone.

They don't listen to us antmore...

Comment

They can't make cars light weight. Emissions, gas mileage, safety. Everything adds up to pounds.
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X