631/2 Galaxie lightweight with racing history found in England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 631/2 Galaxie lightweight with racing history found in England

Just 211 built,and this one with old racing history pops up in England ;)

Re: 631/2 Galaxie lightweight with racing history found in England

Nice pop-ups ... :
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

No pop ups here :-\

Comment

Guess I need a better blocker ... it stopped one, but two more came after.

It's funny where some of the old American iron ends up over the years.

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

ALAN MANN CAR ?

Comment

Why cant I score a find like that...That body style is one of my favorites. I love the radiused wheel wells.

Comment

I always thought those big old lightweight Galaxis were cool. I suppose this is on of the road race cars that ran in the sedan series in England and maybe on the continent. Would be cool to own.

Comment

With the apparent price he was asking for it, it is probably still available.
                :P

Comment

It has actually been sold to someone in england that will restore it to its former glory.Dont know the price.

There was some galaxies raced in England from 63 to 65 when the Falcon and mustang took over.

The jaguar sedan from the 61-64 era was popular and did win a lot of races,but when the Galaxie starting in 63 with a 427 engine it showed how a sedan should work.

There was even a 64 Impala 409 in sweden that participated.It didnt work so well.Problems with brakes that got warm.

10 years ago i had the luck to find a 67 Shelby Trans Am Mustang with raceing history in europe.A friend of mine bought it in 86 as a ordinary mustang hardtop.There was some talk about it form the former owner that it was a race car that had been owned by a famous norwegian race driver by the name Trond Schea.

My friend tried to send letters to Schea,but no luck in gettin something back.

In 97 i saw a Norwegian race magazine had some history about racing mustangs in norway,and i read that Schea had 2 mustangs.One was a 67 Hardtop GT with a 390 engine.....and the other one was a special Mustang with a smallblock :.

Hmm i thought...the one with a smallblock must be my friends..

I told him what had read in the magazine and then we started tracing the history in norway by calling former owners.And they told that it was Trond Scheas former raceing mustang.

Seen here at a ice race here in norway in 69. 8).We were told it was bought by Ford Motor Norway from Bosse Ljungfeldt in Sweden in late 67.Bosse Ljungfeldt was known as a very good driver,and are wll known for his Rallye Monte carlo participation in the Ford falcons in 63-65.

By checking the numbers on the car we knew that it was 67 hardtop Mustang GT with 4 speed.....and it had the K in the chassis number witch told us it was a genuine 271 hp GT with 4 speed ;D ;).9 inch with 31 spline axles too..

Major score you think...not many made.Only around 4-500.

But i had a feeling that Bosse Ljungfeldt wouldn have recieved a ordinary Mustang in his days,so we checked old magazines from the time it was ordered.And there was some talk about Bosse Ljungfeldt had ordered a Cobra Mustang in one mag...

And it also had over ride traction bars,that was mounted under the back seat.The mount for the bars where gas welded.

I have always been interested in Shelbys,so i had the big book from the Shelby club with all the known chassis nubers for Shelby Mustangs..

And in the book from 87 they have written that if you come over a Shelby Trans Am Mustang,you must send the chassis number to the Shelby club so it can be verified.

It also said that all Trans Am mustangs had been wimbledon white form the start.And this car had been white from the factory by the numbers.....hmmmmm.

Well...the numbers were sent,and some day later i got the fax that said this was one of the 26 factory built Shelby Trans Am mustang ;D.

Its actually car number 8 of the 26.

Seen here in 67 with Bosse behind the wheel.

Seen here in 68-69 with Schea.

Seen here as it is today.Its slowly being restored back to the style it had when Bosse ljungfeldt owned it in 67.The original engine for the car was blown in pieces 3 weeks after delivery in sweden in 67 :.

So the engine for the future is a 69 boss 302.The four speed was originally a T10 with aluminium case.Just as the AC cobra.But it was taken out by one of the previous owners,and it has not been found.So the one in the picture is a rug from a 69 Cougar.

And more parts have been collected the last 10 years.Before the interest exploded.

Comment

I wonder if that mustang had a tunnel port 289
                    FORD WAS WILD IN THE SIXTIES !!!!

Comment

I seem to remember that the tunnel port were from the 68 season and were a 302 cid.The 68 season wasnt good for Ford in trans am racing.They had much reliable problems with the engines.Too much power maybe ;D

The 289 that were original to this car were supposed to deliver 375-390 hp.

Comment

Working...
                      X