It aint easy when the tank yank wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It aint easy when the tank yank wins

;D.When american cars from the sixties are discussed,they are always bad handlers here in Europe.But in the last years there have been more american cars in the historic racing here in europe...

And when the american cars wins,the loosers dont want them in their class... ;D.

Check out this link...a long thread..

Re: It aint easy when the tank yank wins

Same stuff happens overhere with the StreetLegal dragrace-night events.
    Most of the Ricecrackers start wining like sirens when this happens and demand new kind of class-rules and penalties when their plastic toy-cars can't keep up with a Detroitmade-car. Instead of wining they just better get wrenching and put some money in their engines instead of their spoilerkits.
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Sounds like they are having more regulatory problems than horsepower issues.....cheating? Has that EVER been an issue in any contest? Come on.....
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I would think that if the numbers of US cars in these series are increasing by that much they would need to be in their own class. That just makes sense to me. One guy suggested that only Galaxies and Mustangs actually competed in the sedan (saloon) races in Europe. I vaguely remember an article in some magazine during that period of a '65 or '66 Impala that competed there at that time. I remember a picture of a Jag sedan and the Impala dicing it up going into a corner. It was a cool picture, but have no idea which mag it was in.

Comment

I havent seen a 65-66 impala in seriuos racing from the sixties saloon racing,but i am sure it looked great 8).

I have this pic of a 64...

There were some american cars that participiated,but never many.Galaxies Falcons mustangs in the sixties,and Camaros of course.In the seventies ther was lots of camaros,and they did good here in europe.

Second gen camaro did actually win the Championship for saloon cars in europe some years in the middle of the seventies.

And in sweden they had their own super star Cup with only american cars.Later in the seventies it was renamed Camaro cup,and its been raced ever since with the 82-02 models racing today.

Comment

If you like American cars racing in the sixties, what do ya'll think about these vids.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

View a small glimpse of the early years in racing scene. Now known as National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing, it was at first, a way of 'Earning...

.. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.

Comment

Here Blazer, some pics of 65 Impalas in race trim.

Bobby Alison running a Smokey Yunick car.

Curtis Turner getting sideways.

LeRoy Yarlborough

Ray Reeder

Virgil Setzer

Here's a pic from Riverside in the late 70's.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

White monster.The first one was cool.They did want to die then ;D.

The sec one had some great clips..especially those from the sixties and seventies 8)

Comment

Rebel.The black and gold smokey impala is way beyond cool 8).i have never seen it before.Thanks for sharing ;).

Yunick had great stance on his cars.Bad to the bone stance ;D.

The other black impala looked good too.Guess fat tires have somthing to do with it..

Comment

I see those massive tires under the lowered car and wonder how the car turned at all.

I really would like to do up my Impala like that Smokey car.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Guess smokey didnt turn the wheels.He cheated so much that he guessed the car wouldnt reach the track ;D.

Looks very low too.Do you have any more photos of it?

Comment

I wish.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Found a photo of the 63 model,but it doesnt look as bad as the 65.

Comment

That is one cool '63, but of course I'm biased ...

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                              That is one cool '63, but of course I'm biased ...
                              Isn't your ChevyII already halfway to having a paint job that cool? ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X