Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know Why Camee Edelbrock Left the Family Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know Why Camee Edelbrock Left the Family Business?

Just wondering if there's an interesting story here . . . .

Things inside Edelbrock are not good since the beancounters took over..
    Sales and profits are down significantly, the marketing budget has been cut big-time..
    Not just @ Edelbrock, a sign of the times!!!

Just my $0.05...

Comment

Maybe it was just time for fresh blood in E-brock advertising/marketing dept.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

According to that press release, she left to go to Schiefer Media in '07. I am sure we can all come up with possible reasons, but it would all be speculation.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Edelbrock and ProMedia have been tight for over 20 years. When I worked with ProMedia, I had the good fortune of meeting Camee and her father. I know she has many friends within ProMedia and they most likely offered her a nice position. It think it was a good move on her part as well as ProMedia and I wish them all good luck.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Our Buddy Dieselgeek reported on the fall of elderbrock a few years ago ...drinking and drugs dont help the bottom line

Comment

Originally posted by M Code View Post
              Things inside Edelbrock are not good since the beancounters took over..
              Sales and profits are down significantly, the marketing budget has been cut big-time..
              Not just @ Edelbrock, a sign of the times!!!

Just my $0.05...
              keep buy'n that reversed engineered pro junk.. who they gonna copy when the ones that spend the cash on r&d are 6 feet under

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Now I'm wondering if this thread was started by Camee in her new gig: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...torsports-Park!

It'd be cool if a real Edelbrock showed up here to "bangshift" with us "little people," wouldn't it?

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Not really .....who cares ...we have dart ..brodix ..world ..afr ..eddy cant keep up...the carbs are the single largest turds on the planet ...marketed to cruisers

Comment

I think Edelbrock makes good parts,have been using them on many builds for many years!! ROY.
                    Real Race Cars Have THREE Pedals!

Comment

Like their intakes...
                      Have their carb on my 57, works.. Probably needs fine tuning to be happy with it..

Comment

Edelbrock is a cornerstone supplier of the sport.

Comment

Reading the story about Edelbrock I thought I knew what might have happened but first I wanted to check before I posting the following which is right off the Edelbrock website and explains why things have changed at Edelbrock

Industrial Opportunity Partners Invests in Edelbrock

Torrance, CA (June 15, 2010) - On behalf of the employees, management team and ownership of Edelbrock LLC and its affiliates, Edelbrock is pleased to announce that Industrial Opportunity Partners ("IOP"), a Chicago-based private equity firm, has made an investment in Edelbrock.

"This new partnership comes at a time in the automotive industry that puts Edelbrock in a prime position to capitalize on the ever-strengthening economy", stated Edelbrock Chairman, Vic Edelbrock. "We've weathered the economic storm and constraints of the fragile banking system over the past eighteen months, never losing sight of our commitment to innovation and quality for our customers. The investment from IOP will allow us to continue to expand this focus on developing new and exciting products, such as our supercharger line, across a wide range of applications."
                          Edelbrock President, John Colaianne, shared - "IOP and its partners are excited to join hands with the Edelbrock organization. We feel this company has all the intangibles - a strong brand, healthy infrastructure and dedicated employees - that not only makes it the leader in the performance automotive aftermarket, but also prime for growth."
                          The Edelbrock management team led by Vic Edelbrock, Chairman, and John Colaianne, President, will continue to manage the Company. Their management team and company personnel are extremely enthusiastic about continuing to provide their customers with professional and dedicated customer service and high quality products, as they have since 1938.

Many people simply do not understand how private equity firms work or know they now control over 30% of the hospitals or that that now control thousands of companies such had most of your car rental companies and things like Dunkin Dounuts.
                          They now employe millions of people.

If you want to get really scared read the book " The Buyout of America" and how Private Equity is destroying jobs and killing the American Economy. This book will explain in detail what's going on and why jobs are being lost everyday in this country.

If you work for a company that is owned be a private equity firm this will really open your eyes and explain why your job just might be the next casualty.

Jimbo

Comment

Hmm? So Vic Jr. is sort of like Richard Petty at RPM and Camee may be like Kyle when Petty Engineering stopped racing.

Comment

that's out dated.. vic was taking thr company private by buying back all the stock..

Comment

Working...
                              X