Summit carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit carb

Anyone have experience with them? I just picked up a brand new cheap from private seller cheap. 600 CFM, vac secondary. Looks pretty well made but not quite as nice as an Edelbrock nor is their owners manual. Wish me luck. It's going on the wife's 69 351W Mustang. Gotta get it running real soon. The realestate agent what to put the house on the market next month.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

AFB? pics?
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Its very similar to the old motorcraft 4 bbl

Comment

Yup, like the old 4100. Holley made it for a while then shelved it. Looks like Summit bought the tooling. Looks like Holley choke, vac secondary diaphragm and horn. It has annular booster all four corners. Looks like it's off to a good start.

Hey Jim, the local Chevy dealer is building a new show room and shop!
        Last edited by Huskinhano; February 26, 2014, 09:36 PM.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Never had one but a friend did and liked it allot for a daily driver type of application - no gaskets in fuel - no leaks. His ran really good on a mild street / strip 351c - I think it will work great for your wifes car.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Jeff Smith - yeah, that guy - wrote one of them up in this shootout:

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I remember reading that article but some how forgot they tested the Summit. Looks good. Thanks for posting the link.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Summit's carb is the Holley top gasket model that didn't sell worth a crap and now you can give away. It had some teething issues, but the lack of sales meant they didn't bother fixing them. Hopefully, Summit fixed them.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Had one of those Holley top gasket carbs on my Camaro when I first bought it. It was utter junk and near impossible to tune worth a damn.
                  1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                  1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    Yup, like the old 4100. Holley made it for a while then shelved it. Looks like Summit bought the tooling.
                    Or, more likely, had Holley make another run of them - a lot of Summit private label parts are rebadged Holley stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      Summit's carb is the Holley top gasket model that didn't sell worth a crap and now you can give away. It had some teething issues, but the lack of sales meant they didn't bother fixing them. Hopefully, Summit fixed them.
                      My dad used to have a truck with one of those on it. It was a spreadbore and it actually worked quite well. It was nice to be able to change jets without getting gas everywhere.
                      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Working...
                      X