No announcement yet.

Power, does it mater how you make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power, does it mater how you make it?

Hey man, you forget who sent the Spankstang up to you guys. ;) :o

I think Tom said it holds the record on his dyno
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Who cares what size or type of motor you are using, as long as the rest of the car is setup to take advantage of the power that it makes.

Comment

I'm pretty much a brand specific kind of guy, I take the engine make with the car make. If I was looking to just go fast for as cheap as possible I'd just buy a chevy or ford an go with the appropriate drive train. But for now I'll take the brand that came in the car to the point I'm happy with, if I want more it's time to get another car :P
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
          I'm pretty much a brand specific kind of guy, I take the engine make with the car make. If I was looking to just go fast for as cheap as possible I'd just buy a chevy or ford an go with the appropriate drive train. But for now I'll take the brand that came in the car to the point I'm happy with, if I want more it's time to get another car :P
          I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
            I prefer the challange of the N/A Small Blocks. When you use a power adder, at least to a point, then its a no brainer anyone can do it. :D Anyone with a turbo and a laptop can make power.

That should get things going ;) Pass the popcorn please

Wow with a quote like that you should be making some new friends

Comment

I am more of a idea that its all in head flow, and bore and stroke. Its just metal and does not know what its in, so a AMC, if the heads flow enough, and bore and strokes are right it will make power. This is why I used Chevy pistons in my small block Fords and in line 300 six Ford's, and 440 Mopar Pistons in my Buick builds. Even was in on a Chevy crank in a Ford once in a NHRA Modified motor we even had a 348 crank in a BBC once destroked ran in Modified till it merged with Super Stock.

Parts is Parts to bad you can just buy stuff now, it takes all the thought out of it, from when you just made do with what was there.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I really don't think it matters... The more people timker with different stuff the more we can learn...

How many small block/big block build ups can you really want to read about?

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                  Take it away crowd,
                  Well, it worked !
                  ;)

Comment

if it works good on a 4 - IT WILL WORK BETTER ON A 454!!!!!
                    I like the buick stage 5 heads for the sbc - nascar disapproved , but they were all over comp eliminator - making insane hp

Comment

Working...
                    X