TOO NOISY ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOO NOISY ?

NHRA has announced that due to local sound ordinances, this year’s NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series Southern California Shootout at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana, Calif., scheduled for Sept. 12-14 will not include Nostalgia Top Fuel and Funny Car.

NHRA expects to have all of its Heritage Series categories competing at the event in 2009 as California Speedway is working through the California CEQUA process to modify the use permit sound standards to make it more consistent with the industrial use of the area in which the track is located.

"We are very supportive of the NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series at Auto Club Dragway and look forward to running all classes at our events in 2009,” said track manager Beth Rice.

Re: TOO NOISY ?

That is ridiculous....In the town I grew up in there were Super Sprint races every Saturday night....I lived 3-4 miles from the track and your could hear them loud and clear every week....I loved it.

Maybe that is where my sickness started ;)

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Thank God they run Indy in Indiana. You can hear 'em run the whole month of May.... 8)
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I can still hear Bandimere Speedway from my house. All of the people that bought the new houses in the are around it are starting to complain about the noise. The town of Morrison, which is actually where the track is located, has implemented a noise curfew in recent years (11pm).
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

When we used to race in Portland, they had noise restrictions. We'd try different muffler or turnouts. We'd aim the exhaust in a different direction. We even put deflectors by the exhaust to keep the noise away from the DB meter.

Turns out that CART would apply for a waiver on the noise limit.
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
          X