Dr. Edgar Mitchell statement backs up "Big Daddy" Don Garlits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Edgar Mitchell statement backs up "Big Daddy" Don Garlits

It's no secret that despite "Big Daddy" Don Garlits' incredible list of accomplishments in our sport, that there's more than a handful of "turncoat" drag racing (ahem) "journalists" and internet "snerts" who badger the guy... And yes, that's certainly a shame to those of us who genuinely know better... "Big Daddy" gets harshly ridiculed and made fun of for his "monostrut" theories and much else he says... And I'm certainly not going to deny that my lengthy on-camera interview with Don Garlits on Drag Racing Underground's best selling "FLOPPERS, DIGGERS & DOORSLAMMERS" dvd was definitely "Big's" most controversial moment of his long career, when he went on and on to me about his strong belief in extraterrestrial life and his experiences of even seeing UFOs-- Drag Racings' "turncoats" and skeptics attacked... Well, in "Big Daddy" Don Garlits' defense, I'd like to report that just recently former NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr. Edgar Mitchell, a well respected and decorated veteran of the Apollo 14 mission stated as fact that extraterrestrials have indeed visited Earth on several occasions, although only for the "alien contact" to be repeatedly "covered up" by world governments and various branches of the military for six decades... Dr. Edgar Mitchell claims that he is no longer afraid for his own life or the safety of his family in "spilling the beans" about the truth regarding extraterrestrial life, he's certainly a brave man for doing so... And I believe we also have to now credit "Big Daddy" for being brave and heroic enough of a man to disclose to me on camera his similar judgment... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)....

FLOPPERS DIGGERS & DOORSLAMMERS featuring my controversial UFO interview w/"Big Daddy" Don Garlits

Re: Dr. Edgar Mitchell statement backs up "Big Daddy" Don Garlits

Interesting.

Comment

I wonder it this thread will stick around? it seems to be religion, mixed with politics....

anyways, anyone who thinks that our government can successfully cover up anything big is probably deluded.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
        I wonder it this thread will stick around? it seems to be religion, mixed with politics....
        anyways, anyone who thinks that our government can successfully cover up anything big is probably deluded.
        Uh oh, he said the G word !!
        :o

Comment

:

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
            Uh oh, he said the G word !!
            :o
            heh...Doc beat me to it!

It is pretty funny....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I very much respect Mr. Gartlits and the things he has done for the sport but when I have seen him he seemed like a huge ahole. Not just once but like 4 times I did not bug him or te alk to him but watched happy on lookers praise him and him seem smug and full of himself. Drag racing has great people that I have met Shirley Muldowny (and her dog) Paul Romien the Worshems Chuck Etchels and many more. Still am very happy that he put on a great show with a dragster being push started and was the first time I saw that

Comment

I've met Garlits a couple of times, and thought he was a nice enough man. He doesn't know me from Adam, but has always been nice, and had good stories. I don't give a crap about ET and his little friends, so I don't care if Garlits believes or not.

As for the Monostrut being good or not. I see the merit. I've heard of some other pros I trust who have tested with him and endorse it. NHRA has only been hesitant because it has a smaller footprint for the load to go through.

Nobody active in the sport seems to care enough to try it and be it's champion, so we probably won't see guys running out to purchase a mono car anytime soon.
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Yes, it appears that the Top Fuel "wing" issue only comes up after something horrific happens (like a brutal mishap)... "Big Daddy" Don Garlits has long been a strong advocate of the "monostrut" design-- He's a true believer in the design... He told me that the idea lacks mainstream acceptance in the drag racing community due to the fact that it is more expensive and labor intensive to switch to the monostrut design... In the sport of Drag Racing, most teams are too busy just trying to make the tour and keep their heads above water, there's seldom time for research & development to make the sport safer and/or better for drivers... It is unfortunate that "Big Daddy" is the victim of so much ridicule, he's a dedicated man who has certainly paid his dues in this difficult sport... History will eventually prove that he was one of our sports' greatest minds--- it's just a shame that we have to wait for "history" to do so... And of course we have to commend him for having the courage to openly share his views on UFOs-- most men would never be so brave-- most men would coward at the thought... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad
                    Nobody active in the sport seems to care enough to try it and be it's champion, so we probably won't see guys running out to purchase a mono car anytime soon.
                    David Powers has a complete one that's been mounted on Hot Rod Fuller's car but has never seen the light of day because when you're trying to win the title, R&D suddenly becomes a blip on the radar screen. Mike Kloeber also had one built which was going to end up on a Millican car, but again, funding.

No SFI spec on it either for the reasons Chad mentioned above...people are skeered of the load on a single strut.

Garlits...seen both sides of the "old man". Saw him self immolate one day at his museum on a guy, and on a happier note he signed the one and only perfect light time slip of my illustrious bracket racing career because he was at the same track by pure chance.

Doc, Garlits doesn't need you crusading against "the ridicule" for the UFO stuff. 99% of dragdom has no clue about his thoughts and feelings on the little green men. Then again YOU may be from another planet, so I see where this could be a sore spot for you.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                    X