Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click-Fraud Issue

Hi,
    I attempted to submit this via the Contact Us form link at the bottom of the page, but no button showed up to actually submit the content so here it is. Feel free to pass this information to the correct people and delete this topic.

Click Fraud Issue - Please forward to the person in charge of internet marketing.

I was trying to visit an insurance website and took a chance on entering their initials .com. Instead I arrived on an ad farm website with many sponsored links. The website itself immediately "clicked" a link for me, which redirected me through a gateway url and then to your website. (My hand was not on the mouse; I had just entered the site name and pressed enter a single time.)

One of your marketing campaigns is generating fraudulent clicks and costing you money for no benefit!

My IP is 70.253.59.227.
    I entered the bad url on 7/28/08 at around 5:55am cst.
    The url with the ads is:

The redirection url triggered was:

I arrived on your site with a referral url of:

I really don't like the issues with click fraud lately; there was a time when you could pay for traffic that was at least honestly legitimate visitors.

Your marketing and/or technical people will know what to do with this information.

By the way, I do have anti-spyware products running and just to make sure it was not any sort of malware on my machine, I immediately performed a scan with the CA anti-spyware product, which has had the best coverage of any we have tried up at the office.

Thanks!
Working...
X