Fastest street car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fastest street car?

I agree.The event that comes closest to answering that is DW.You can say your car has done this or that but DW it would be documented for all to see.Plus Chad having unlawful carnal knowledge with animals. ;D With 250 openings and less than 150 or so trying to actually do it says alot about what it takes.Id love for some of the cars up "north" and across the "pond" do it.Id love to see Rods 'Vette enter.His stuff is always over the top!!

Comment

www.dynomaxdynotourblog.com Take a look at this web site and click on Brian Anderson and it will tell you all about his 7 second street car that I mentioned erlier. It is a 4 door rambler with a SB 427 and is awsome. He ran a 7.91 at 176 when it was around 1200 HP and know hes making 1642 HP. :o I mean this guy drives this thing almost daily here at home about the only time hes not in it if its rainning or he is wrenching on it.
      Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

That thing is neat as hell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergas565
          AHHHHH....Here we go....what is a true street car.....this should be very interesting....I know the topic got beat to death over on Moparts and rears it's ugly head still, when anyone claims to have the fastest.....??????
          I know I'll get shot at for this but it seems to me the problem always starts with the term "fastest" when they really mean "quickest" when speaking of 1/4 mile squirts...

And as the argument goes, what's a street car. Any race car can run on the street, for a little bit.

There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

I don't know that you have to run Drag week in particular... but you need to prove your junk can actually drive somewhere and race a bit.... I'm not talking about 80 miles to your local track and home.... but over 200miles and over more then one day... the trip should include more then 1 state... so on and so forth...

You sure don't need to drive it every day... or need anyone else to define how comfortable you need to be when your in it...

Even Our Camaro has been driven on the street... that don't make it legal... ( Seems Freiburger was seen driving it around at Sema )...

K

Comment

WOW, 1500 street miles. That's a lot of trips up and down the ramp of a trailer. haha. Either case, Rod's had some great cars throught the years. He must have one helluva job
              Originally posted by 6pakdakota
              i talked to mike a few days ago. he told me the car has gone 6.70s on pump gas and that rod has put 1500 street miles on it so far.

Comment

There is a guy up here with a blown dart that drives on the street that rumor says runs in the 7's. He lives way out in the country, so when he comes to the city its at least an hour drive each way and I have seen him driving it around here with no transportor in site. I have seen the car and know the guy and can definately believe it that that car would be a 7 second car.

He pullies it down to run on pump gas and only makes 1000rwhp when he does that.

Comment

My personal opinion is that there are too many arguments either direction on what is or isn't a street car. It all depends on who's rules you are competing under I suppose. To me, if you have it registered and insured and it has enough legal equipment to get by you are all good. With that said, there are a lot of people that feel a caged car isn't a street car. I don't agree. I do think that there are some safety concerns with driving a car that has a Funny Car cage in it, on the street. If you were to get hit in the side, your head isn't going to fair so well on that rollcage tubing.

Keep one thing in mind though. If you compete at someone's event, such as DW, all that matters is what they say makes a street car.
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

[quote=Dynoroom ]
                    Originally posted by Supergas565
                    AHHHHH....Here we go....what is a true street car.....this should be very interesting....I know the topic got beat to death over on Moparts and rears it's ugly head still, when anyone claims to have the fastest.....??????
                    I know I'll get shot at for this but it seems to me the problem always starts with the term "fastest" when they really mean "quickest" when speaking of 1/4 mile squirts...

Mike, I gotta agree 100% on that.......... "Fastest" and "quickest" are two very different concepts when the distance is not defined. Tell me you have a 7-second drag car you can drive 1000 miles in a week and I know you are quick...... However, if your name is Tom Burkland and you drive a streamliner at Bonneville...... Well, that's quicker than fast ;D
                    Ed

Comment

I am with the Drag Week test. Till they make the whole week driving and racing, then its a sudo street car.

2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                        I am with the Drag Week test. Till they make the whole week driving and racing, then its a sudo street car.

pretty hard to get to drag week when you live 5000miles away and across an ocean... ;D
                        I agree that every country's intepretation of street cars is different. Our opinion is it has to have ALL the MOT/DOT street equipment(lights,wipers etc),run on the race track the same as the street(no slicks,race fuel) ,have no lencos,liberty's...
                        It's also pretty difficult to put 2000+hp through a stock floorpan english car,although most of the "stock chassis" US cars i've seen have tube chassis's running through them.. :o
                        As for Rod's car,i think it's an awesome piece of kit and something i would have expected from a legend of street racing.I'm sure he drives it on the street but i know he doesn't race in street trim....
                        thanks for the interest...
                        ps,i'd love to do drag week,with ET streets and race fuel we could do well.Pulling a trailer 1500miles wouldn't be a problem.
                        If someone would like to fund the trip then we'd be over in a heartbeat.We'll be in Canada in August anyways...

Comment

Well Shoot... if your in Canada anyway... just drive it down and go racing...

K

Comment

why no lencos or libertys? didnt lance larson run one in drag week?
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
                              why no lencos or libertys? didnt lance larson run one in drag week?
                              Why not a Lenco or Liberty...???? Are you stating it should be a STOCK glide, 400. 727...etc...???? At the performance levels out there today....their are no stock tranny's.... :o

Rickster

Comment

I think the red Vauxhall is very cool and looks perfectly streetable. I'd maybe get a carbon fibre "Black Cab" body for it!

I'm not calling this a regular street driver but Dal Sangha's Mustang has run 6.6's at 220 and driven to local car shows. It's only got 3.5 gears with 33" tires and the turbo engine is quite mild off boost.

I think the bigger problem with cars like that is more durability than anything else. Suspension parts rattling loose and parts that were meant to run for seconds and not hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X