Fastest street car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fastest street car?

You are right about Larry Larson using a Lenco.

Comment

Originally posted by redvictor
      Originally posted by JeffMcKC
      I am with the Drag Week test. Till they make the whole week driving and racing, then its a sudo street car.

pretty hard to get to drag week when you live 5000miles away and across an ocean... ;D
      I agree that every country's intepretation of street cars is different. Our opinion is it has to have ALL the MOT/DOT street equipment(lights,wipers etc),run on the race track the same as the street(no slicks,race fuel) ,have no lencos,liberty's...
      It's also pretty difficult to put 2000+hp through a stock floorpan english car,although most of the "stock chassis" US cars i've seen have tube chassis's running through them.. :o
      As for Rod's car,i think it's an awesome piece of kit and something i would have expected from a legend of street racing.I'm sure he drives it on the street but i know he doesn't race in street trim....
      thanks for the interest...
      ps,i'd love to do drag week,with ET streets and race fuel we could do well.Pulling a trailer 1500miles wouldn't be a problem.
      If someone would like to fund the trip then we'd be over in a heartbeat.We'll be in Canada in August anyways...

If you're going to be in Canada with the car in August, we can arrange safe storage so that you can run Drag Week in September. I bet we could find airline ticket sponsors, too, if you need to go home in between.

Comment

That would be great if you could make DW.You,the Aussies and Canadians.Global Drag Week ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
          I am with the Drag Week test. Till they make the whole week driving and racing, then its a sudo street car.

pretty hard to get to drag week when you live 5000miles away and across an ocean... ;D
          I agree that every country's intepretation of street cars is different. Our opinion is it has to have ALL the MOT/DOT street equipment(lights,wipers etc),run on the race track the same as the street(no slicks,race fuel) ,have no lencos,liberty's...
          It's also pretty difficult to put 2000+hp through a stock floorpan english car,although most of the "stock chassis" US cars i've seen have tube chassis's running through them.. :o
          As for Rod's car,i think it's an awesome piece of kit and something i would have expected from a legend of street racing.I'm sure he drives it on the street but i know he doesn't race in street trim....
          ps,i'd love to do drag week,with ET streets and race fuel we could do well.Pulling a trailer 1500miles wouldn't be a problem.
          If someone would like to fund the trip then we'd be over in a heartbeat.We'll be in Canada in August anyways...

If you're going to be in Canada with the car in August, we can arrange safe storage so that you can run Drag Week in September. I bet we could find airline ticket sponsors, too, if you need to go home in between.

David,I'd be seriously up for that for sure.I'd need to go home in between as i'm just a working guy same as all of you.
          Where in the US is drag week held? and where would you keep it in storage? Got some friends in a few places that might be closer to the race.... and having made the trip would i be garaunteed a spot?
          If you can get me a spot in the race and pay ALL my fares i'm in...

Comment

David,I'd be seriously up for that for sure.I'd need to go home in between as i'm just a working guy same as all of you.
            Where in the US is drag week held? and where would you keep it in storage? Got some friends in a few places that might be closer to the race.... and having made the trip would i be garaunteed a spot?
            David, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes responding to Andy....

Andy, DW has been held in the middle of Sept. the last few years and has been in the Mid West, starting in Cordova Il.. All you have to do is pay for your spot and your guaranteed a spot.

You know I want a chance to kick your ass on a road trip! Really, I may have a hard time with that with my current setup. I need to get a full tube chassis "race car" like yours. ;D I think you would have a blast, its probably one of the funnest things I have done..

Comment

Originally posted by 1FastMopar

David, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes responding to Andy....

Andy, DW has been held in the middle of Sept. the last few years and has been in the Mid West, starting in Cordova Il.. All you have to do is pay for your spot and your guaranteed a spot.

You know I want a chance to kick your ass on a road trip! Really, I may have a hard time with that with my current setup. I need to get a full tube chassis "race car" like yours. ;D I think you would have a blast, its probably one of the funnest things I have done..
              Thanks for the reply....did you say pay for my spot???? all the way over there and they'd make me pay? :o

Comment

All the way and they'd make you pay.... sorta the way it goes...

K

Comment

I would think that you probably have quite a following in your homeland that would be interested in helping fund your participation in Drag Week? I think your car is awesome and sure hope you get a chance to do Drag Week....!!!!!

Rickster

Comment

Originally posted by Tom P

I'm not calling this a regular street driver but Dal Sangha's Mustang has run 6.6's at 220 and driven to local car shows. It's only got 3.5 gears with 33" tires and the turbo engine is quite mild off boost.

Both Dal and RP have gone pretty dang quick. Bill H will be out soon with a new street Duster too.
                    I've seen Dal cruisin, killer car for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
                      That would be great if you could make DW.You,the Aussies and Canadians.Global Drag Week ;D
                      or the world week nationals ;) will have to see what the flights/hotels will cost as i dont want to miss this

Comment

Originally posted by Supergas565

I would think that you probably have quite a following

in your homeland that would be interested in helping fund you
                        Like in the movie "World's Fastest Indian...yeah, that's the ticket, mate!! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop

I would think that you probably have quite a following

in your homeland that would be interested in helping fund you
                          Like in the movie "World's Fastest Indian...yeah, that's the ticket, mate!! ;)
                          That was a killer movie....!!!!!

Rickster

Comment

Around 1977/1978, one of the car mags had a couple
                            of articles on "Who Has The Fastest Street-Car In America?"

At that time, it was "decided" that a guy in Chicago or Detroit
                            with a hugger-orange/black vinyl top & houndstooth interior
                            1969 Camaro running a BB/Lenco was "the" quickest.

He was a member of a car club with a super-cool jacket,
                            & I actually wrote the guy thru the mag, asking if I could
                            buy one of the jackets. He actually replied, & very politely
                            told me...NO! --- Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop
                              Around 1977/1978, one of the car mags had a couple
                              of articles on "Who Has The Fastest Street-Car In America?"

At that time, it was "decided" that a guy in Chicago or Detroit
                              with a hugger-orange/black vinyl top & houndstooth interior
                              1969 Camaro running a BB/Lenco was "the" quickest.

He was a member of a car club with a super-cool jacket,
                              & I actually wrote the guy thru the mag, asking if I could
                              buy one of the jackets. He actually replied, & very politely
                              told me...NO! --- Cheers!
                              "How Fast Was It" Sorry about the jacket thing..... ;)

Rickster

Comment

I would think that you probably have quite a following in your homeland that would be interested in helping fund your participation in Drag Week? I think your car is awesome and sure hope you get a chance to do Drag Week....!!!!!

Rickster
                                thanks Rickster,appreciate that. There's a lot of other things involved in bringing a car to the USA,you can't "just" turn up.I brought the car to Louisiana in 2005 and there was a LOT of stuff to organise believe me.
                                I'm going to talk with some people to see what we can do.I have a couple of US sponsors that will be interested(Mickey Thompson,Castrol and Electromotive) in me racing over there.
                                You're right,i do have a big following in the UK,almost everyone good,some bad.Over here a winner isn't liked as much as the underdog,unlike the USA were the winner is king....When i was the underdog everyone liked me.. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X