Fastest street car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest street car?

Well, I don't know if this is indeed the world's fastest street car, but the video is a hoot!

Re: Fastest street car?

I saw that!! It is a good video. The fastest street car is in America. I forget what it is. If I remember coreectly someone owns a low 6 second car that is street legal.

Comment

I am pretty sure that guy has been on this site. Maybe he will se this and respond.

Comment

Originally posted by 67rs/ss
        I am pretty sure that guy has been on this site. Maybe he will se this and respond.
        Yes, Andy is a member here, his car is a "street" car, but how streetable is the question... ;D

Comment

He may very well have the fastest street car in Jolly Old England but the "Fastest Stret Car" is here in America. To begin with the Black Camaro at Drag Week ran a 7.64 at Cordova then drove 200 miles in the rain to Union Grove, WI. so that takes care of Andy Frost's 7.67 with the "Red Victor" or whatever it's called. The car that you are probably referring to as a 6 second street car is the 63 Split window Corvette that belongs to Rod Saboury, it does have lights and such and I've heard that it's ran some real low 7's and maybe a real high 6 second time but it's pretty much a show car. There seems to be a REAL question as to how much street time it actually sees. This ought to stir something up!
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Guess we wont know for sure until after DW 08 as that IS the test. ;D

Comment

I love that video. I think it's at least a year or so old.

DW IMO is where the real worlds fastest street cars are at.

Comment

andy races with the same combination he drives on the the street(tyres+fuel) i thought the drag week camaro used slicks for his runs and swapped them for street treads but you have got to give the drag week cars credit for actually driving them many miles between tracks the old chestnut over what is a real streetcar will never be settled to many different opinions :-\

Comment

Here is a video of Rod Saboury running a 7.09, coughing and sputtering the whole run. I read that this was the car's first outing (according to the shop that built the car).

http://ywnv.vidiac.com/video/a9e2c44...c9001f5d43.htm

Here is a quote from a friend of Rods about this pass...

Also he informed me the 7.09 pass @ Shakedown was the first full quarter mile pass on the car. The car went straight as a string. The pass was also run with 93 Octane Unleaded PUMP GAS!!! He said yes the car was popping most of the run because he didn't pull out enough timing. He talked to Mike Moran and he feels the car was detonating a bit causing the popping. He did say nothing was hurt.
                  Here is another clip of his first run. He did not get an ET on it because he rolled through the lights...

http://ywnv.vidiac.com/video/715a6bc...c90180ddb3.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Winmon

Also he informed me the 7.09 pass @ Shakedown was the first full quarter mile pass on the car. The car went straight as a string. The pass was also run with 93 Octane Unleaded PUMP GAS!!! He said yes the car was popping most of the run because he didn't pull out enough timing. He talked to Mike Moran and he feels the car was detonating a bit causing the popping. He did say nothing was hurt.
                    I think if the car was detonating on pump gas at that kind of power, NO internals would survive it. I have to question whether he used straight pump fuel or not there - also, the misfiring you can see unburnt fuel, ligthing out the exhaust... likely that's spark blowout.

The car is badass, no doubt, but it seems when arguing "fastest street car" someone's alwasy stretching things a bit!!

To me, race fuel is only for safety reasons; I don't mind a streetable, street legal car running race fuel at the track so he isn't killing his motor; the problem with pump gas isn't "limited potential" - the problem is the stuff is completely inconsistent from pump to pump...

Meanwhile, I think he should bring it on Drag Week if he wants to claim the title.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

i talked to mike a few days ago. he told me the car has gone 6.70s on pump gas and that rod has put 1500 street miles on it so far.

Comment

Just curious, what is the side and rear visibility in a car like that? I don't see any side mirrors so that means he just has the rear view? If you were on a multi-lane highway and wanted to change into the right lane, how could you check for traffic behind and to the right of you, trying to peek through all those monkey bars?

Also, wouldn't you have to wear a helmet at all times to protect your head from those bars? I don't see any padding on them.

Comment

Originally posted by 6pakdakota
                          i talked to mike a few days ago. he told me the car has gone 6.70s on pump gas and that rod has put 1500 street miles on it so far.

That is a one beautiful vette, sure would be intrested in hearing more about it....!!!! Looks pretty streetable to me....!!!!

Rickster

Comment

Not trying to start anything but there's a guy named Brian that lives in Warner Robins GA. and he has a 4 door rambler that runs in the low to mid 7s and is very street legal as in he drives it almost every day tag insurance the whole 9 yards. I am sure he changes to slicks when he runs it, but it is a real street car. He just came back from the SEMA show and won $25,000 dollars for the most HP on the dyno with 1640HP. I have seen the car but have not had a chance to talk with him yet. DF did a story on his car awhile back and knows him also.
                            Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

AHHHHH....Here we go....what is a true street car.....this should be very interesting....I know the topic got beat to death over on Moparts and rears it's ugly head still, when anyone claims to have the fastest.....??????

I for one don't think it has to be driven every day?

Should it be able to drive a certain distance....yes, but how far?

Can it be a tube chassis car...sure...why not?

Should it run on pump gas only....not necessarily?

Does it meet DMV....depends on the states requirements?

These are just some of the questions I have heard over and over....???????

Rickster

Comment

Working...
                              X