The cookie problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cookie problem

I deleted all the carjunkietv cookies, closed the browser, then opened it and logged on again. here's the SMF cookie, notice it is set to expire after an hour.

I'm using firefox 3.0

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Re: The cookie problem

are you logging in on the main site or the forum?

Comment

main site
      but when I log on at the forum it kicks me to the main login/sign-up page. Except for once, it gave me the forum sign up page, with a checkbox to keep signed on or sign on for 60 minutes...but I didn't get the password right or something and it did not sign me in there.

My fabulous web page

Comment

sure enough, I checked at the main site and the forum cookie it saves is for one hour. If you log out and delete ALL carjunkie cookies and login at the forum the cookie expires in 2014

Comment

ahhh....I see....I'll give it a try and see if it stays logged in now. I had never scrolled down to the bottom of the page so I never saw that login box!

My fabulous web page

Comment

Been working fine, haven't had to log in since this morning when I did it on the forum page instead of the login page.

But I did go to the "submit content" page to try it out, and it wanted me to log in to the normal login page. Hmmm....
            My fabulous web page

Comment

i have seen a few sites pull off the single login but generally the code seems to inevitably have bugs at one point or another. Even eBay has until this point used separate logins for the main site, the forums and other sections of the site only opting to sync the usernames and passwords but not logins. I'm not sure what Dave and the boys have planned but it wouldn't bother me one bit for separate logins if those logins allow me to remain logged in until I logout.

Comment

I agree, the thing is that the main site login seems to only work for 1 hour for me.

If they fix that, so it stays logged in forever or put a "how long do you want to be logged in" thing on it, I'll be fine!

My fabulous web page

Comment

I got that special logon box at the bottom of the forum, after deleting all the carjunkietv cookies from my browser.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Seen cookie problem and was wondering if you was out of milk.............lol

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
                      Seen cookie problem and was wondering if you was out of milk.............lol
                      No, that would be a milk problem.

Comment

Been gone for two days and had the puter unplugged and when I plugged back in and got online I was still logged in - - ?wow?

Comment

Originally posted by OldUsedParts
                          Been gone for two days and had the puter unplugged and when I plugged back in and got online I was still logged in - - ?wow?
                          I believe that is the way it should be

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                            Originally posted by OldUsedParts
                            I believe that is the way it should be
                            sure works for me ;D

Comment

We set the cookie to stay live for a year. Hope it solves all the problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X