Calling all Mopar nuts 76 Aspen R/T question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Mopar nuts 76 Aspen R/T question

Me and another C/J was at a cruise in sat. and we ran across a 76 Aspen R/T supposedly only 300 something were made and according to this guy only 2 are left . When people act like they know where every car is and theirs is only one of a handfull left ,I usually smile and nod and can't wait to get away frow them. So....was this guy full of it and himself or was I in the midst of greatness and didn't know it!?

Re: Calling all Mopar nuts 76 Aspen R/T question

Even if he was straight about the numbers, you were not in the midst of greatness. Sorry.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Rest assured the individual was running a line of BS on ya, Hoosier........I know of several here in Indiana.

I hate it when someone tries that line, thinking they're gonna snowjob someone into believing such a lie.

greatness, alright......such a grandiose fib. >

***********THREADJACK ALERT*************

Sorry I didn't make it(again) last nigt....damn allergies left me with a throbbing headache.

No way was I gonna get out and drive with that going on..........back to regularly scheduled thread...

Comment

2 left in his part of town maybe ;).At least 10% are left of all the cars produced as a simple rule.Some more,and some less.

How can he be so sure when there are no register for the Aspen R/t or no special forums?.

The R/t are just an ordinary aspen with special stripes,so many cars has got new paint and the stripes have been deleted.

So theres probably more of them around.

And 300 produced...where has ha got that information?.

And even if they are rare,doesnt mean theres demand for them ;)

Comment

Oh yeah,his 360 auto was also the fastest car built in America that year! Maybe because it was a radio delete. I was thinking that pontiac still had a 455 4speed that should be able to take it.

Comment

I'd bet the individual watches a lot of B-J on Speed...thinks his pile is a "rare, valuable car".

I'm sure it's meaningful to someone, but this has gotten out of hand.....an Aspen R/T is no more valuable than a '77 442(the Olds is cooler, anyways).....and they're not rolling off the block for big numbers.

1977? i dunno, dan....I *think* 1976 was the final year for the Poncho 455.

I forget, what year was it that the Dodge "Little Red Express" stepside had the 360 that outpowered the Corvette?

Radio delete? What happened, someone steal th Sparkomatic 8-track out of it? LMAO....

Comment

During production, even the factory must have seen something in the air and decided to not make any more than 300. ;)
              "Hey guys, what ARE we doing?!?! Stop this non-sense, let's focus on '77 instead!!" :D

I guess if they (factory & nut) were right, it would be understandable only 2 are left. But I guess not. ;D

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Just search Google images and you'll find 15 or 20 of them.

Comment

From the standard catalog of American cars:

"RT Aspens came with either a 318 or 360 engine. The R/T package was popular, installed on 79 percent of the 7,916 V-8 powered NL29 coupes."

6,253 is slightly more than 300.

That guy was a jackass.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

So what I'm hearing is that once I get my Skylark painted up and clean I shouldn't go around telling people it's one of six 1977 Skylark's optioned with GS 455 package and fastest factory car of 1977? :P
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

damned sinus headache...I would have LOVED to ripped this guy a new one.

Normally I refrain from making aspectacle of myself in public, but individuals such as this one get the "special treatment".

Get your ass out this way, Lohnes....we's gonna hve some FUN......LMAo

Comment

Tiresmoke I think you shifted gears on me when you brought up the cutlas. We are talking 76 T-A . Yeah we (Speedjunkie and I ) were walking around this truly nice car don't get me wrong, and his had side louvers on the 1/4 glass that were just like those in the add BBM posted up (thanks helps us all know what were talking about ) said that they were worth like a grand and that the rear spoiler was un-obtainium .Again truly nice car ,it and the Volare Road Runner were the last factory Mopars (cars) that I wanted to own .

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                          So what I'm hearing is that once I get my Skylark painted up and clean I shouldn't go around telling people it's one of six 1977 Skylark's optioned with GS 455 package and fastest factory car of 1977? :P
                          oh, go ahead and have fun, I used to tell people at shows that my friend's 69 vette that we swapped an 86 TPI motor into was a rare factory prototype fuellie 69 model.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                            Not unless you are goin to put flares and stripes on it that are worth a half million dollars...............lmao

Comment

meh........

Now, the one beside it witht the #43 on the door has my attention, I'll admit.

Comment

Working...
                              X