Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is really cool... 500" Cadillac High Performance

Originally posted by Eric68
    Don't the Caddy motors have windowed main webbing like the Olds?
    I don't think so. They did however, have the highest nickel content of any OEM block and are quite possibly the strongest one built. Caddy didn't want to ruin their name with engine warranties back then.

Read about the Engine Masters one here. How's 780 hp and 699 ft lbs of torque?!

This motor is for sale. Got 25K?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

We did one for a mud truck. The short block was a 75 472 with 425 heads (remember to drill out the steam hole in the block and gasket) a PAW cam and the header trick out lined previously. The thing ran incredible I wish I had dyno numbers or the truck still, but all I have left is a bunch of destroyed 1350 and twisted driveshaft ends for the wall of honor/shame. My advice is talk to maximum torque specialties or CAD Company.

Home of CAD 500 - Cad Company specializes in engine parts and accessories for Cadillac 500, 472, and 425 engines.

Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

The yellow Cadillac that the original poster linked to was later converted to a 540 BB chevy then sold overseas and is for sale again. The car is very very clean and well done.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

There are many people that play with the Cadillacs.The engines have some shortcomings after the hp gets up there, but what engine doesn't?

I've done the BBC headers on a Cadillac, they kind of line up, but not really.

The 472/500 blocks don't have windows in the main webbing, the smaller 425/368 blocks may have them.

Comment

I like Cadillac power. Can be dirt cheap or high dollar...but they both make great power!
          I ran a Cad in the first Pump Gas Drags...it was definately on the dirt side, but ran 9.90's @ 136 mph on spray eventually. In fact, I'm building another Mustang with one and a hauler with a Cadillac...sweetness.

Should be a video on HotRod archives yet if you want to hear one.

Comment

Working...
          X