Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      John, as the concrete tracks are paved in "pads" they all have a different fingerprint. As BBR mentioned, there will be some settling and stuff. Top Fuel Dragsters are so sensitive to junk like that, I bet they are using this thing to "map" the track. If they know that at 600 feet there is a tiny dip or rise, they may tune their clutch differently. There was an IHRA track a few years back that had a lane with one pad of concrete settled a tiny bit lower. It took the teams most of the weekend to figure out why no one could really get off that lane clean, but the first guy to soften the car on the hit and let it eat after 60' had the field covered. With that device they would have known about it before they even ran!
      Thanks for the explanation Lohne's - I've obviously only been down a few 1320's - I can understand how track conditions in today's every .oo1 second counts racing would make a huge difference in lane choice, tuning, etc.
      I wonder if the tracks could provide the surface data to all teams at the outset of the event?
      OR - would only the teams with that measuring device be "in the know"?
      Yet another wrinkle of racing detail I was unaware of....

Does NHRA / IHRA have any requirements around track surface quality or flatness?
      Last edited by milner351; October 2, 2011, 04:28 AM.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• None. One NHRA event in Columbus, maybe 5 years ago, several pro stocks flipped because the track was so bad.

I'd be willing to bet that Schumacher's team is NOT sharing the info with anyone.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Rod Run Day 0 029 small.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	857868
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

• What a great pic Pete!
            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

• Attached Files
              Last edited by Jobergg; October 2, 2011, 06:44 AM.
              http://www.youtube.com/Jobergg

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                None. One NHRA event in Columbus, maybe 5 years ago, several pro stocks flipped because the track was so bad.

I'd be willing to bet that Schumacher's team is NOT sharing the info with anyone.
                could any team go to every track and see how the track is or are teams regulated to track testing like NASCAR teams ? and if they are regulated could a outside consulting firm do the job for them ?
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Teams are only allotted a certain number of test sessions per season.

I suppose they could go around to every track, but imagine the expense of having a group of guys traversing the country to hit all of them. Also, the tracks that are NHRA owned probably wouldn't be interested in letting them in to do this and a few of the private tracks would probably feel the same way.

I think it just makes more sense for them to do it each race weekend while the team is already there.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• lol, thats exactly how i feel today
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• One mans collection...found these pics on another forum.

Comment

• ^^Nice "collection", but why? Such a waste.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                            ^^Nice "collection", but why? Such a waste.
                            I agree. That's why I collect diecast in those numbers, and just keep 3-4 real ones for myself
                            STUGOTS

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                              ^^Nice "collection", but why? Such a waste.
                              BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME AND IS BETTER RETURNS THAN THAN RIGGED NYSE stocks

Comment

• billy squire still has my favorite collection

Comment

Working...
                                X