No announcement yet.

Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been trucking for a few days. Northern maine at 32F..to philly area in the 60s. Enough to make my brain squeak like the rigs dash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trukndec2011 045w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	858862
    coopersburg pa kenworth racing truck..peeking up under the right fender is the biggest turbo I have ever seen..this thing must sound awesome letting the throttle open. the guy in blue walked by so fast he left flames on the hood. (haha, that is my dad)

Name:	trukndec2011 053w.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	858863

this is a truck model I have never seen..the logo on drivers door says "vortec max". Someone commented it was 400 hp from GM. Even caved in open to the elements, the interior was very nice..48k miles..except for the mishap in the driver seat (I thought the worst).We hauled it all the way to the top of northern maine from bridgeport pa junk/auction yard. Humble delivery, in the middle of the woods, the guys looked like brothers with their own shop, a business name..and claimed to have the "vortex max" twin in the garage. I could guess they were waiting with anticipation. Christmas month, added something special to it. In maine, a good truck is not easy to get nor keep.

the rear wheel is broken, not the axle..the frame did not even tweak. Those guys did alright for a blind buy. To get the truck to stay put, as the lift kit block is gone,making it look like rear wheel steering, leaving the axle floating around.. I used one strap over and under the spring, around the axle, over the pumpkin, out the other side..locked it in, it stayed there all the bumpy way home. I'd help haul one of these again. Each strap is good for 4400 pounds, the truck weighs 4200.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 7, 2011, 06:40 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• My buddy Ed has a vortec max he ordered it to pull his race car trailer it is a 6.0 in a 1/2 ton with all the coolers etc... I do not know if it has anything else but the 6.0 I do know it has 4:11.1 dif's but ?

Comment

• 97-Super Chevy-Maple Grove-001 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
        Time Wasters...
        http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

• Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• It was at that very moment that this man wondered why he hadn't paid more attention in school as a youngster.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                Late 90's early 2000's im guessing?
                The youngest guy on the board
                76 vega
                86 fiero

Comment

• Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                      nice rack!!!!
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

• Wowee. This thread has made it to 800 pages and more than 500,000 views. Amazing.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• A Little late to the reply on this...

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                          DROOL!
                          "We can't stop here, IT's bat country!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            Wowee. This thread has made it to 800 pages and more than 500,000 views. Amazing.
                            Congratulations, you're the one that started the whole thing over 3 years ago, you didn't have any idea what you were starting did you!
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
                              Late 90's early 2000's im guessing?
                              1997 Super Chevy, Maple Grove Raceway
                              Time Wasters...
                              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

• Originally posted by jays67 View Post
                                My buddy Ed has a vortec max he ordered it to pull his race car trailer it is a 6.0 in a 1/2 ton with all the coolers etc... I do not know if it has anything else but the 6.0 I do know it has 4:11.1 dif's but ?
                                I did find some on you tube..
                                I guess they are 350+/- at the wheels. Alot of power. I have avoided trucks since my own 1979. The way it strapped down, I literally called it a kids toy gone wrong.. the strap squatted it around, we moved it sideways with hand winches. It must be fun as heck to drive, and I like that front diff..about as smart as it gets. I am old truck fan, not as large as brians thinking..but do like the real heavy.

Name:	trukndec2011 055w.jpg
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	858879

one more photo from the trip..wet snowing and fog, 32 degrees northern maine. Just hours before it seems, in a land 500 miles away we were driving in the 60s F.
                                Previously boxer3main
                                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X