Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I was wondering about this car just the other day. Wish I had called you........it's a real sweetie.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 19, 2022, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Very. It was the wife's favorite and I wish we'd used it more. Unfortunately now time to downsize.

I gotta say, people acted very weird around this car. People had to touch it, run their hands down the side of it, sit on it, park their car right next to it in an otherwise clear part of a lot. It could never be left alone, not even to run into a store or fast-food, somebody would always have to stand outsize and watch so some guy wouldn't hoist his wife up onto the hood to take photos...or drop trash into it. I would wind up actually yelling at people and they would be looking at me all big-eyed and hurt and teary and still not stop rubbing on it, it was bizarre. My own Dad would have to carry and swing heavy construction tools right next to it, literally an inch away when there was all kinds of room around, like he was daring something to happen and of-course it eventually did, "I'M ALRIGHT!" he said in his meanest old-man voice when I begged him for the Nth time to stop that behavior and then, BANG, right into the corner. On the road, guys would try to get you to pull over, a biker acted like he was going to block my way, once a man nearly drove into oncoming traffic while he couldn't stop yakking at me, I had to be the one to stop and make him watch what the H he was doing. And I always had a half-dozen insistent offers to buy, for half of what it was worth or less. I will not miss any of that part.

A younger guy and his wife loved it, know their stuff and were willing to step up so it's theirs now.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    Impala getting its' last wash and vacuum. Have sold it after 33 years ownership, buying as a bit-beat-up original through a co-worker of Gail's and restoring around 2000.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.6 KB ID:	1329061
    Beautiful car - are you said to see it go?

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Impala getting its' last wash and vacuum. Have sold it after 33 years ownership, buying as a bit-beat-up original through a co-worker of Gail's and restoring around 2000.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.6 KB ID:	1329061

Click image for larger version  Name:	Impala9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.2 KB ID:	1329062

Click image for larger version  Name:	Impala7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	1329063
    Last edited by Loren; November 19, 2022, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2020 mustang
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	table.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1329041

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    \_(•.•)_/

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post
    My Rusty Iron Junkie Friends ask why I have a Ball of Kite String in my Tool Box.........
    I took that photo this morning before I started on the right side (still waiting on gaskets to seal up the left side). I took the radiator surge tank loose and hung it up on string and THEN (don't ask me why) I took the cap off of the surge tank and I heard all that antifreeze running down into the engine and OUT the open elbow above the intake manifold and Into the valve train. It went straight down the timing chain into the block, about a quart I guess. I couldn't have poured it into there more perfectly on purpose, it didn't even spill a drop on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    I have downloaded this picture........
    My Rusty Iron Junkie Friends ask why I have a Ball of Kite String in my Tool Box.........
    It's going to printed out and put in the tool box flipped up cover,...... behind that ball of Kite String.
    Now they can have That Ah, Ha, moment

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Red's getting himself some Detroit Rocker cams. Fun stuff!

Name:	100_0098.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1329002

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Saw this over the weekend.
    I was impressed with the Metal Can it's sold in,
    Like old Lacquer Thinner. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3505-799x1024.jpg.webp
Views:	303
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1328850

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    Looks like a South American Opel of some sort to me. No expert but that's the general vibe I get.
    I was thinking Opel vibe too. The car in Patrick's photo sure has the right lines but it has a marker light and a badge on the left rear fender and the one with the gas can appears to not have those and the one with the gas can has some extra trim around the around the taillights. Maybe it's a Mopel...

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    Looks like a South American Opel of some sort to me. No expert but that's the general vibe I get.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Looks like a 72 Mazda RX2.... Little League coach had one....

Name:	image.png
Views:	343
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	1328787

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    What kind of car is this? All of the cars these days look alike except for this one...

Views:	350
Size:	369.2 KB
ID:	1328784

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Views:	413
Size:	426.7 KB