No announcement yet.

Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These guys were a hoot on Power Tour - from overseas like Latvia or something.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• The truck-hitting-a-bridge thread had me looking for pictures of Houston's old Hazard street bridge. I couldn't find any that illustrated my point, but thought that this one was kind of cool.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
            These guys were a hoot on Power Tour - from overseas like Latvia or something.
            that would have been comical to see. It is actually interesting to see and hear the contrast of muscle, and the little ones.
            I grew up not knowing what little was, and then my mom got a offset wheel base "LeCar" for free.

keeping a perspective in many directions gets damn smart.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• My friend Natalie who is supposed to be working on the Midway...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	5874_10151772118724924_1006341913_n[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	870866
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• NAWZ

Very crazy...

Comment

• cant see the story but it looks like somthing went BOOOOOOOMB!
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• I saw the article on the V8Buick forum. Says the heat cause the nitrous bottle to explode. I'm curious, don't nitrous bottles have pressure relief valves like welding bottles? If not, then why not? Nitrous itself isn't explosive so even less a reason not to pressure vent it.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      I saw the article on the V8Buick forum. Says the heat cause the nitrous bottle to explode. I'm curious, don't nitrous bottles have pressure relief valves like welding bottles? If not, then why not? Nitrous itself isn't explosive so even less a reason not to pressure vent it.
                      Yep. I've popped the relief valve more than once. Something not right with that picture.
                      Last edited by Guest; June 28, 2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• I watched the video. The windshield is on the roof. There are pieces around. WOW that is just so crazy. Wonder if he heated the bottle with a torch, been told that weakens the metal.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWS4621 View Post
                          I watched the video. The windshield is on the roof. There are pieces around. WOW that is just so crazy. Wonder if he heated the bottle with a torch, been told that weakens the metal.
                          A few people mentioned that they see people do that at the track and cringe. I could see that validly causing the metal to fatigue to a point it was weaker than the relief valve. Once the opening starts it'll pop like a balloon.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWS4621 View Post
                            I watched the video. The windshield is on the roof. There are pieces around. WOW that is just so crazy. Wonder if he heated the bottle with a torch, been told that weakens the metal.
                            Link to the video please?
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Ex rally cars are great for the Power Tour. We took our red/white/blue 73 Gremlin rally car on the 2010 PT.

Nick

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                              These guys were a hoot on Power Tour - from overseas like Latvia or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X