Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pic of the day.

Yeah, I know. ??? It could be a temporary thing with the host (imageshack), so maybe they will come back..
    I'll edit and re-post them again for you anyway. ;)

This pic better shows the glass (and how much of #3 is missing).

Comment

Thanks Steve. Have you tried Photobucket? It has all the performance of a dead dog, but it's reliable and free.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
        Steve.....Sarah gave the okay for the living room. Looks like I need to make one.
        Cool.
        You got the nod, so go for it (after the Firecracker race car and the 'Bu work of course) !!

;)

Comment

I hear you.....I am going to have to give up work to keep up with my hobbies ;D

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

LOL !!!

;D

Comment

Time Wasters...
              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Anybody know what happened to tis car?

Big Pic!
                Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Tell me I have no reason to be just a little bit jealous of you guys in SOCAL and Dixie...
                  Summer (BBQ and car season)

Winter (shovelling and A535 season)

For crying out loud, I'll even take Seattle if I can get a Green Card.
                  Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Bloody hell!! Look at all that snow..

I'm sure glad it don't snow here at my house..

Thank God it's a two hour drive up some damn mountain!! :P

Comment

Is that a split-level home? I'm lookin at the short windows to the left of the front door, and the normal size ones above it look a little higher than the rest of the house
                      Originally posted by mlcraven
                      Tell me I have no reason to be just a little bit jealous of you guys in SOCAL and Dixie...
                      Summer (BBQ and car season)

Winter (shovelling and A535 season)

For crying out loud, I'll even take Seattle if I can get a Green Card.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                        Is that a split-level home? I'm lookin at the short windows to the left of the front door, and the normal size ones above it look a little higher than the rest of the house
                        No--I thought the same thing at first when I lived up there, but it turns out there's a big market for renting apartments to midgets. Lots of houses up there have 3/4-height "basements" and crawl spaces. Big money in it, I've heard.

But most of them are carnies, so it's seasonal rentals since they all head back down to Floriduh.

-Brad

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
                          Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                          Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
                          No, I doubt any of you would want to work in Dubai. It's a fancy city built by slave labor.

..many of Dubai's 250,000 foreign laborers live in conditions described by Human Rights Watch as being "less than human." NPR reports that workers "typically live eight to a room, sending home a portion of their salary to their families, whom they don't see for years at a time..
                          That's not that uncommon for Expat labors or even migrant labors inside of their own country. It is quite a common thing for Indian men in their late 20's to early 30's to go make money for their family for a decade at a time with seeing their family rather infrequently even inside India and less when they go to the Middle East for work. Mexican and Central American migrant workers do the same thing in the US.
                          For such a wealthy city, those migrant laborers are working for peanuts in shit-house conditions. If they came down here, they would be paid our labor rates. If I went to India, I would be expected to be paid their labor rates. Why are they not being paid Dubai labor rates?
                          It's obvious they are being taken advantage of because India is a poor country, yet Australians are working there for a small furtune.
                          The entire Middle East is pretty much built and maintained by Expats, the locals are either rich off of something they do or paid by the government so much they don't really do much. My wife's sister and family lives in Oman and he is basically government quota regulated out of promotion due to being a non Omani despite the fact the company has to hire most of its engineers from India due to lack of anyone locally wanting to actually do work with their degree. Its a tilted freemarket economy where the status quo is biased towards the locals who get more for doing less. Most countries there are entirely service based with no industrial or export products beyond petroleum and most of that is raw unrefined too.
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by Brad54
                            Originally posted by groucho
                            No--I thought the same thing at first when I lived up there, but it turns out there's a big market for renting apartments to midgets. Lots of houses up there have 3/4-height "basements" and crawl spaces. Big money in it, I've heard.

But most of them are carnies, so it's seasonal rentals since they all head back down to Floriduh.

-Brad
                            LMAO

Comment

Man, I just plowed! Oh well, at least it's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                                Man, I just plowed! Oh well, at least it's fun.
                                Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that !

;D

Comment

Working...
                                X