Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pic of the day.

Here is a couple I took on the Blue Ridge Parkway, after night shift. The sun had just came up.

This was the same morning

note: the fishing pic is upside down, I thought the mirror effect of the water was cool, like a Yes album ;D

I'm on the Parkway everyday to and from work! ;D ;D :o
    Living the dream!

Comment

wow, that fishing boat pic is great!

Comment

Originally posted by joe_rocket45
        wow, that fishing boat pic is great!
        Yap I'm tripping on that pic to.

Comment

Beautiful pics. Looks like a great drive. Need to see that area of this great country someday.

Comment

Some pics of Hawaii.

Arizona Memorial

Abandoned tower on Ford Island at Pearl

Bullet holes in windows of hangars still there from Dec 7th, 1941. Eerie.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

One of my Uncle's flying buddies likes to fly his little Cesna coast to coast every summer picking out tiny little airports to stop at.

He took this one of Devils Tower. I can't get over how it doesn't look natural.

He had to put down in South Dakota because of storms and caught this shot of the lightning.

This is a scan of a pic I took when I was 18 fishing out on Lake Michigan.

Some rusty fishing trawlers at Cabo San Lucas.

I took this one of the sunset while plowing north on I-5 at 85 mph.

My friend Dave Lombard sent me these of the Aurora Borealis over Nebraska.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Awesome pics 8)

Comment

Totally friggin' awesome, thanks for sharing Scott !!

Comment

:o
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

That Abandoned Tower is a dive tower....It was used to train sailors not to panic during flooding on ships....It was entirely filled with water...then the sailors (several at a time) were placed in a room at the bottom, and the room was flooded. The sailors then would have to swim to the top of the tower.

They stopped using them when some of the sailors drowned because they were fighting to get to the top and were pulling each other down to get air......Not exactly panic free training.

Now there are conference rooms at the top that I have been in for Submarine Briefings.....Very Cool to see them again.

Thanks for the pics.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Interesting. I was told they are going to restore the tower. Ford Island is an interesting place. There are buildings that have been untouched since the Korean War, buildings with damage from the Pearl Harbor attack, the original runway is completely grown over; then there is new construction going on in a couple places. New housing, a new memorial for the USS Oklahoma, and there is a new Pacific Air Museum in the hangar next to the tower.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yes...It is really a very emotional place for me.....I was stationed in Pearl Harbor for 4 years. I went to firefighting training there and used to jog around the island a couple times a week. It is a memorial to the me and women who died on December 7, 1941. A truly special place.

Seth
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

nice pics Scott
                            Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                              Yes...It is really a very emotional place for me.....I was stationed in Pearl Harbor for 4 years. I went to firefighting training there and used to jog around the island a couple times a week. It is a memorial to the me and women who died on December 7, 1941. A truly special place.

Seth
                              That area has a lot of family history. My Grandfather was stationed at Hickam from 1937-1941. No one can remember if they left just before or just after Pearl Harbor. My mother and her twin sister were born at Scofield Barrack's hospital. My parents honeymooned at the Hale Koa resort. Of course, it wasn't the fancy towered hotel it is now. It had crappy old bungalows that leaked in the rain. My Dad complained that the fridge on the porch would keep him up at night every time it started. The only other time I was on Oahu was in '76 when we were coming back from a stint on Okinawa and we had to wait almost a week for our damned C-5 to get fixed, we even took off twice only to turn around and come back. My Dad finally had enough and bought plane tickets on TWA (using his brother's employee discount) to get us back to the mainland.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've never seen a definitive end to a fog bank before so I took a pic of one. This is at the north end of the the Grapevine on I-5.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X