• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by malc View Post
    Get indoors..... Click image for larger version

Name:	20180429_174000.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	1198818
    was that local to you? if so, i hope it's clear of you now!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

was that local to you? if so, i hope it's clear of you now!
      Right out front of the house.
      Luckily it scooted by pretty quick......but more
      followed.....
      Been a day of blues skies...black skies....

Comment

• Yeah, I tend to remember my days in the Med with the US Navy had a few stormy days as well....Had port calls in Malaga and Rota...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	31417183_10156445957527112_3517423162809647104_n.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1198787
          Wonder how many miles were on it? Wasn't there a Hellcat wrecked with less than 20?

Comment

• This came here to live last weekend, includes an Olds 455. These are of-course for hot-rodding around out at the river with bikini babes, and I'm too old for that sh*t. We'll see... Am digging the original 200S's in any event.

Name:	DSC07624.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1199156

Comment

• Today over France.....

Name:	20180501_133448.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	737.8 KB
ID:	1199164

Comment

Today
                You know if something comes flying out of that big round thing out on the wing, to duck fast, right?
                Last edited by Loren; May 1, 2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  This came here to live last weekend, includes an Olds 455. These are of-course for hot-rodding around out at the river with bikini babes, and I'm too old for that sh*t. We'll see... Am digging the original 200S's in any event.

Love the rims!!

Comment

• Loren, could I request a close up picture of the bunk areas, intake area, and the winchmount/bow tie-down areas of that trailer? My '72 Wreidt Stinger is getting a different trailer and it needs some minor modifications.

Nice score! Looks to maybe be a flat-bottom? Hard to tell in picture with a black hull.

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    This came here to live last weekend, includes an Olds 455. These are of-course for hot-rodding around out at the river with bikini babes, and I'm too old for that sh*t. We'll see... Am digging the original 200S's in any event.

Last edited by STINEY; May 1, 2018, 01:00 PM.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• 20-mule team canyon

Name:	usQwdWa.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	684.6 KB
ID:	1199208
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post

You know if something comes flying out of that big round thing out on the wing, to duck fast, right?
                        You know, back in the 1960' and 70's they used to throw real birds into the jet engines on the test stand to check for durability. Then the "animal rights" wing nuts found out about it and browbeat the jet engine manufactures into testing their engines with "theoretical birds". Don't you feel better now. Safe Travels.

Comment

• Stiney, I'll get you those pics. Yeah, you need a 'way sexier trailer under that thing... Do you want e-mailed?

We keep meaning to get up into Death Valley, never have. Maybe this fall.

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
                          You know, back in the 1960' and 70's they used to throw real birds into the jet engines on the test stand to check for durability. Then the "animal rights" wing nuts found out about it and browbeat the jet engine manufactures into testing their engines with "theoretical birds". Don't you feel better now. Safe Travels.
                          I had hoped they at-least went down to the market and got frozen chickens or something...

What's remarkable to me about the recent Southwest Airlines incident is, that blade or whatever it was that pierced the window did it a full ten windows back from alongside where the failure happened. I guess tossing things out into a 500mph wind does that. So I've always felt a little vulnerable sitting directly beside the engine, but maybe it's back from that where the (very unusual) hazard would be.

Name:	737window.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	1199214
                          Last edited by Loren; May 1, 2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• You guys ain't cheering me at all,
                            I'm in the same seat flying back.....

Comment

• Yer safer than you are walking across the street in, say, Costa Mesa.... (/Hopeful grin)

Comment

You guys ain't cheering me at all,
                                I'm in the same seat flying back.....
                                Keep your seat belt on. Any time you fly. Many more people have been injured/killed by being slung around the cabin in turbulence than being sucked out of the airplane.
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 1, 2018, 04:50 PM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X