Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice it's a Ford.........LOL!
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• This picture showed up with a link that said "New uses for WD40". SOMEBODY WILL try it..
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Notice it's a Ford.........LOL!
        Yeah - if it had been an LS it would have made 25% power and picked up a second in the 1/8th!

Comment

• I don't own any LSes, but from what I hear you may be right.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Ellis builds one tough short block.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	plaza01.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	1266520

Comment

• These pictures go with the content from the front page on 4/1/20...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Merc-heap-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1266638Click image for larger version  Name:	Merc-heap-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	1266639
                Last edited by ratpatrol66; April 1, 2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• Got another front page deal. I bought a set of these and some other stuff, get a few more pics tomorrow. Might up my price a little?

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1266916Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1266917

Comment

• lagrange maine
                    a logger in the area, cleared out this old place that used to have a garage.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02443w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	567.9 KB ID:	1267127

I first found it with my friends ..the glimpse of chrome towards afternoon sun in the trees. Had to break branches and stuff to get to it.
                    We were still driving bicycles in 1987. the same year I started driving.
                    grew up fast no doubt. the last year in maine to have permit at 14 and license by 15.
                    my driving teacher said.. "you'll remember that 35 years from now- the last of old school ways"
                    we did not have fuel injection, we learned from old timers

he was right. it is my favorite memories.. and they are real time. not someone elses past.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02449w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	522.1 KB ID:	1267128

This car had my daydreams.
                    within a year of 1988 i had a wrecked 1978 mercury zephyr with a 200 I-6 running beautiful. I thought of this car.
                    I already had enough vehicles to get threatened by the town as a junk yard. Dad finally got mad at me.

went off to war duties instead. I did come back to this town.. only disabled and 25 years later.
                    the 4 of us that had bicycles that day in this patch of woods.. I am the only one still alive.
                    at just 47, that is a tragedy.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02445w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	579.7 KB ID:	1267129

as you can see, it is still not rotted into the ground. the frame is still there...as were the other frames in the area.

my battery went dead before I got the front end.

my neighbor had guessed 1941 silver streak sedan.
                    He may be right.. the internet makes this easy to compare photos.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 6, 2020, 10:39 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• this one, just needs a cummins swap.

Name:	DSC02456w.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	593.9 KB
ID:	1267134
                      a big cam IV 350 that is.

Name:	DSC02458w.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	1267135

this frame is a loggers frame for sure.
                      I learned back when we found this.. they stacked 8 foot wide instead of the length of frame.
                      this proved to be difficult on roads that lean.

it never failed.

Name:	DSC02463w.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	1267136

you want fresh air? get some.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

• here is couple of more.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02455w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	552.3 KB ID:	1267140
                        this bigger rig with the tiny cab.. even to see that today up and on the road.. the frame makes modern class 7 look wimpy.
                        the widow maker hubs and tires similar sizing as the big rigs.
                        I am wondering if it is diamond T, or haines or something.

Name:	mack1.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1267143

it might be a mack? this one in photo says 1950
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02451w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	500.9 KB ID:	1267141
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 6, 2020, 12:13 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                          this one, just needs a cummins swap.
                          Still a lot of cool stuff can be done with those parts !

Comment

• yep..........

Name:	bugout.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1267160

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                              here is couple of more.
                              Click image for larger version Name:	DSC02455w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	552.3 KB ID:	1267140
                              this bigger rig with the tiny cab.. even to see that today up and on the road.. the frame makes modern class 7 look wimpy.
                              the widow maker hubs and tires similar sizing as the big rigs.
                              I am wondering if it is diamond T, or haines or something.

Name:	mack1.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1267143

it might be a mack? this one in photo says 1950
                              Click image for larger version Name:	DSC02451w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	500.9 KB ID:	1267141
                              Uncle Otto’s truck. Wasn’t it a Creswell?
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

Still a lot of cool stuff can be done with those parts !
                                I am thinking it was special duty mack.. the bigger one.
                                those rails are not only beyond a foot with no rust, they got hot rivets slamming a lamination.. must be half inch hard.

they were doing 120k pounds even way back then.

oddly enough, mack finished off with the beautiful superliner v8 and the candy frame

this stuff was cool to find..

I would love to not only inquire about the car, but do something with it.

I am only guessing it is a mix and match, torpedo, silverstreak, something something.
                                it must have been redone some 5 decades ago when it was 30 years old..
                                Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 6, 2020, 07:38 PM.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X